Minor girl dies of ‘food poisoning’, her two siblings hospitalized in Handwara
Srinagar: A five-year-old girl died allegedly due to food poisoning on Tuesday while her two minor brothers have been hospitalized in Handwara area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, health officials said.
Ruling out any water-borne disease, officials said the children suffered food poisoning three days ago. However, the family of the minors said they consumed the food packets only a day before.
A local news agency quoted Block Medical Officer (BMO) Langate, Dr Gowhar as saying that the three minor siblings — Mehfooza, Zakir Ahmad, and Mohammad Aamir — children of Mohammad Akbar Lone of the said village fell ill three days ago after consuming some food packets from a roadside hawker after which they suffered acute dehydration.
Given their worsening condition, the family shifted the children to local NTPHC Qalamabad this morning where Mehfooza was declared brought dead, reports said, adding that the other two siblings have been shifted to Sub-District Hospital Handwara where they are stable.
Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.