Images News Netwok

Youth dies of electric shock in Rajouri

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Jammu, Sep 26: An 18-year-old youth died of electric shock after he came in contact with live wire in a village in Rajouri district on Sunday, officials said.

The death of Mohammad Shoib triggered protests against the Power Development Department (PDD) by people in Kewal village of Kotranka in Budhal tehsil.

Shoib was busy in tree pruning near his house when he accidentally touched the electricity wire and died on the spot, the officials said.

The locals blamed the PDD for the death of the youth and said the department has tied the low-tension electricity wires with trees instead of erecting electricity poles.

The protesters demanded adequate compensation to the bereaved poor family.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *