• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

China’s ‘provocative behaviour’ disturbed peace in eastern Ladakh: India

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
September 25, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Stand by our Afghan partners; will take all steps for safety of Indians, India’s interests: MEA
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi/Beijing: India on Friday strongly rejected China’s fresh comments blaming it for the Galwan valley clashes and asserted that the “provocative behaviour and unilateral” attempts by the Chinese side to alter the status quo in eastern Ladakh resulted in serious disturbance of peace and tranquility in the mountainous region.

Reacting to the Chinese remarks made earlier in the day, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi also said Chinese actions have impacted bilateral relations.

More News

J&K gets Rs 261.87 cr under PMGSY in 2025-26; 2,132 habitations connected

Kashmir BJP in the soup, following Azi Fazi slogans, party’s Pulwama district Prez booked for extortion

Security stepped up across Srinagar ahead of Aug 15 celebrations

Load More

A Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson had again claimed at a media briefing in Beijing that the Galwan valley clashes took place because India “encroached upon China’s territory” and violated all agreements.

“We reject such statements. Our position with regard to developments last year along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh has been clear and consistent,” Bagchi said in response to a question on the fresh remarks by China.

“It was the provocative behaviour and unilateral attempts of the Chinese side to alter status quo in contravention of all our bilateral agreements that resulted in serious disturbance of peace and tranquility. This has also impacted the bilateral relations,” he said.

Twenty Indian Army personnel laid down their lives in deadly clashes with the Chinese troops in Galwan Valley on June 15 last year that marked the most serious military conflict between the two sides in decades. In February, China officially acknowledged that five Chinese military officers and soldiers were killed in the clashes with the Indian Army though it is widely believed that the death toll was higher.

“As emphasized by the external affairs minister in his meeting with Chinese foreign minister earlier this month, it is our expectation that the Chinese side will work towards early resolution of the remaining issues along the LAC in eastern Ladakh while fully abiding by bilateral agreements and protocols,” Bagchi said.

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi had met in Dushanbe on the sidelines of the SCO summit last week.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said that all the agreements and treaties signed between China and India on upholding the peace and stability in the area of the LAC have played an important role in upholding stability in the border areas.

“Last year’s Galwan valley incident took place because India violated all the signed agreements and treaties and encroached upon Chinese territory and illegally crossed the line,” Zhao claimed.

“We hope India will abide by all the signed agreements and uphold peace and stability in the border region with concrete actions,” Zhao said in reply to a question on India’s border patrol protocols.

At the meeting with Wang on September 16, Jaishankar conveyed that the two sides should work for an early resolution of the remaining issues.

According to the Ministry of External Affairs, the two foreign ministers agreed that the military and diplomatic officials of both sides should meet again and discuss resolving the remaining issues at the earliest.

The border standoff between the Indian and Chinese armies erupted on May 5 last year following a violent clash in the Pangong lake area and both sides gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process in Gogra area in eastern Ladakh last month.

In February, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the north and south banks of the Pangong lake in line with an agreement on disengagement. Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the sensitive sector.

Previous Post

Selectees for Panchayat Account Assistant posts hold protest; demand they be allowed to join

Next Post

Admin orders transfer, posting of senior police officers in Kashmir

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

J&K gets Rs 261.87 cr under PMGSY in 2025-26; 2,132 habitations connected

J&K gets Rs 261.87 cr under PMGSY in 2025-26; 2,132 habitations connected
August 12, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir received Rs 261.87 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) during 2025-26, while an...

Read moreDetails

Kashmir BJP in the soup, following Azi Fazi slogans, party’s Pulwama district Prez booked for extortion

Lotus blooms in Hindi heartland as BJP pockets MP, RJ & Chhattisgarh
August 12, 2026

Pulwama: Following the Anantnag fiasco of Azi and Fazi slogans, thus degrading Kashmiri womenfolk, the Valley based BJP has encountered...

Read moreDetails

Security stepped up across Srinagar ahead of Aug 15 celebrations

Security stepped up across Srinagar ahead of Aug 15 celebrations
August 12, 2026

Srinagar: Security has been stepped up across Kashmir division ahead of Independence Day (ID) with Divisional Commissioner (Div Com) Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Demographic Changes: Govt panel hears Kashmiri Pandits and, “inspects Rohingya settlement” in Jammu

KI News
August 12, 2026

JAMMU: A Government-appointed high-level panel examining demographic changes visited the Jagti township -- the largest designated satellite settlement for displaced...

Read moreDetails

4 suspected terrorists spotted scaling Ramtund peak in Doda; search operation underway

Dalit woman alleges discrimination, threatens to embrace Islam
August 12, 2026

Jammu: A video purportedly showing four suspected terrorists scaling Ramtund Peak in Doda district has surfaced, triggering a major anti-terror...

Read moreDetails

Climate change driving extreme rainfall in Himalayas, anthropogenic factors adding to risk: Govt

“80 percent deaths reduced”: MoS Home on J&K situation
August 12, 2026

New Delhi: Climate change is increasing the intensity and frequency of extreme rainfall events in the Himalayan region, while human-related...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Govt orders transfers in administration 

Admin orders transfer, posting of senior police officers in Kashmir

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.