• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

New Zealand abandon Pakistan limited-overs tour due to security concerns

KI News by KI News
September 17, 2021
in Latest News, SPORTS
A A
0
New Zealand beat Pakistan by nine wickets in second T20I, seal series
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Rawalpindi: The New Zealand cricket team on Friday abandoned its ongoing tour of Pakistan before the start of the first ODI here, citing a security threat, which the host board asserted did not exist.

The trouble began when the first ODI of the white ball series could not begin on time at the Rawalpindi stadium on Friday with both teams remaining in their hotel rooms.

More News

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Load More

New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White then issued a statement to say that it was simply not possible to continue with the tour given the advice he was receiving.

“I understand this will be a blow for the PCB, who have been wonderful hosts, but player safety is paramount and we believe this is the only responsible option,” he stated in a press release.

New Zealand Cricket Players Association chief executive Heath Mills echoed White’s sentiments.

“The players are in good hands; they’re safe – and everyone’s acting in their best interests,” Mills said.

NZC said it would not comment on the details of the security threat nor the updated arrangements for the departing squad.

The Pakistan Cricket Board, on its part, said that New Zealand had unilaterally decided to postpone the series.

“Pakistan Cricket Board and Pakistan government made foolproof security arrangements for all visiting teams. We have assured New Zealand Cricket of the same.

“The Pakistan Prime Minister spoke personally to the Prime Minister of New Zealand and informed her that we have one of the best intelligence systems in the world and that no security threat of any kind exists for the visiting team,” the PCB said in a statement.

The PCB said that the security officials with the New Zealand team had been satisfied with security arrangements made by the hosts throughout their stay here.

“PCB is willing to continue the scheduled matches.

“However, cricket lovers in Pakistan and around the world will be disappointed by this last-minute withdrawal. The series is in danger of being cancelled after the first match of the ODI series could not begin on time on Friday at the Pindi stadium,” it added.

The series was to comprise three ODIs and five T20 Internationals. PTI

Previous Post

ACB Arrests Policeman While Demanding, Accepting Bribe In Poonch

Next Post

Cop shot dead in militant attack in Kulgam

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case
May 18, 2026

Srinagar:: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch J&K has filed a chargesheet against a former In-charge Superintendent Engineer...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail to Baramulla MP Er Rashid to enable him to attend...

Read moreDetails

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The rupee opened on a weak note and slumped to an all-time low of 96.25 in early trade on...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel
May 18, 2026

R S Pura/Jammu:  Traditional horse-driven tongas, once a common mode of transport in the border areas of Jammu, are seeing...

Read moreDetails

3 drug peddlers held

May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Police have arrested three drug peddlers in Awantipora and Anantnag and recovered contraband substances from their possession. A police...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Pak girl killed by brother after she elopes with boy

Cop shot dead in militant attack in Kulgam

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.