Reyaz Rashid

Carpenter suffers electric shock in Sheeri

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Sheeri: A carpenter sustained critical burn injuries after suffering an electric shock while working on the rooftop of a newly-constructed at Sheeri village of Baramulla on Thursday.

Witnesses said that the carpenter, Bashir Ahmad Najar son of Khaliq Najar of Mirher Sheeri, was working on the rooftop of a newly constructed house at Sheeri Bala when a tin sheet he was holding touched a 33000 KV High-tension Line passing over the house.

“After blast -like sound I saw the carpenter on the rooftop in flames where he was to carry out carpentry work. While working, he came in contact with a live electric HT 33000 KV line and suffered massive electric shock,” said Ghulam Mohammad, a neighbor.

“Electricity went off, later, his associated carpenter sprayed water on his burning body and he was rushed to Sheeri hospital in critical condition but thanks to Almighty he is alive,” he added.

A doctor at PHC Sheer said that the injured carpenter was rushed to PHC Sheeri in an unconscious state with severe burn injuries due to massive electric shock.

“He was resuscitated and given first aid treatment. After that he was referred to GMC Baramulla for advanced treatment,” the doctor said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *