• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

India-China military talks constructive, both sides agreed to maintain momentum in dialogue: MEA 

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
August 6, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
‘US closely monitoring India-China border row, does not want it to escalate’
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday said the recent India-China military talks on the eastern Ladakh row were “constructive” and both sides agreed to resolve the remaining issues in an “expeditious manner”.

According to a joint statement released here by the Indian Army on Monday, two days after the 12th round of military talks, the two sides had a “candid and in-depth exchange” of views relating to disengagement and the meeting further enhanced the mutual understanding.

More News

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

Load More

Asked about the talks at an online media briefing, MEA Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi pointed to the statement issued after the deliberations and highlighted that it was a joint press release.

“As was mentioned therein, the talks were candid and constructive. Both sides agreed to resolve the remaining issues in an expeditious manner in accordance with existing agreements and protocols, and maintain the momentum of dialogue and negotiations. We will share with you further updates once we have them,” he said.

The border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5 last year following a violent clash in the Pangong lake area and both sides gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.

Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the sensitive sector.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the North and South banks of the Pangong lake in February, in line with an agreement on disengagement.

Previous Post

‘Around 140 militants waiting at launch pads across LoC despite ceasefire’ 

Next Post

HC stays interim order stopping appointment of law officers

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday strongly pitched for democratising artificial intelligence, and said some countries believe that...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday said that the return of the Kashmiri Pandit community to the valley, with...

Read moreDetails

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

JAMMU: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today passed grants amounting to ₹61,575.88 lakh for the General Administration Department (GAD),...

Read moreDetails

CM pledges regularisation of daily-wagers in 2026

Omar calls for minority status to Mata Vaishno Devi medical college to resume its operation
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the government will initiate the process of regularising daily-rated, ad-hoc...

Read moreDetails

Action against big sharks first, others later: CM Abdullah on land encroachment

Omar Abdullah presents Rs 1.27 lakh cr budget, announces welfare/development measures to boost economy
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Taking a firm stand against encroachment on government land, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday assured action in the...

Read moreDetails

CM pitches for separate department to study climate change

31 Jammu colonies regularised, further process stayed by HC: CM
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday called for the formation of a specific department which will study climate change...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
JK High Court issues directions regarding court workings

HC stays interim order stopping appointment of law officers

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.