• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

India presses for early disengagement in Hot Springs, Gogra and other friction points during military talks with China

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
August 1, 2021
in NATION
A A
0
At least 20 Army personnel killed in Ladakh face-off
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: India on Saturday pressed for an early disengagement of troops and weapons in Hot Springs, Gogra and other remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh during the 12th round of military talks with China that lasted for around nine hours, sources in the security establishment said.

Both sides held detailed deliberation and the talks were comprehensive, they said without elaborating further.

More News

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

Load More

There was no official comment on the outcome of the meeting that took place at the Moldo border point on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh amid expectations of a breakthrough in the disengagement process in Gogra and Hot Springs.

It is learnt that both sides discussed “specific details to cool tempers in the remaining friction points including moving ahead with the disengagement process and agreed to jointly maintain stability on the ground”.

The talks started at 10:30 AM and ended at 7:30 PM, sources said.

The Indian side forcefully pressed for early resolution of the standoff and particularly insisted on expeditious disengagement in Hot Springs and Gogra, a  source said.

Ahead of the talks, sources said India was hopeful of a positive outcome on the disengagement process.

India has been insisting that the resolution of the outstanding issues, including at Depsang, Hot Springs and Gogra, is essential for the overall ties between the two countries.

The latest round of talks took place after a gap of more than three and a half months. The 11th round of military dialogue had taken place on April 9 at the Chushul border point on the Indian side of the LAC and it lasted for around 13 hours.

The 12th round of military talks took place over two weeks after External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar firmly conveyed to his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi that the prolongation of the existing situation in eastern Ladakh was visibly impacting the bilateral ties in a “negative manner”.

The two foreign ministers had held a one-hour bilateral meeting on the sidelines of a conclave of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Tajik capital city Dushanbe on July 14.

In the meeting, Jaishankar had told Wang that any unilateral change in the status quo along the LAC was “not acceptable” to India and that the overall ties can only develop after full restoration of peace and tranquility in eastern Ladakh.

In the last round of military talks, both sides discussed ways to take forward the disengagement process in Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang with a larger aim to bring down tensions in the region. However, there was no forward movement in the disengagement process.

The Indian delegation at Saturday’s talks was led by Lt Gen PGK Menon, the Commander of the Leh-based 14 Corps.

The border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted in May last year following a violent clash in the Pangong lake areas and both sides gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the North and South banks of Pangong lake in February in line with an agreement on disengagement.

Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the LAC in the sensitive sector.

 

 

Previous Post

Hope India will follow international rules, norms during UNSC presidency: Pak

Next Post

Aamir Khan meets LG

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 20, 2026

Jagdalpur:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said Naxalism has been completely eradicated from the country ahead of the...

Read moreDetails

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Army chief reviews counter-terror ops, deliberates on infusion of advanced tech
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Under Operation Sindoor, Indian forces dismantled terror infrastructure, punctured a long-standing strategic assumption, and then stopped "deliberately and...

Read moreDetails

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi
May 20, 2026

Raebareli (UP): Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday launched a scathing attack on...

Read moreDetails

All must follow law to maintain harmony: Rijiju on Adityanath’s remarks over namaz on streets

May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday reacted to remarks linked to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Aamir Khan meets LG

Aamir Khan meets LG

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.