• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 10, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

89 militants killed in J&K this year; over 200 still active, say security officials

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
August 1, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
89 militants killed in J&K this year; over 200 still active, say security officials
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar:  Security forces have killed 89 militants, including seven Pakistani nationals, in Jammu and Kashmir this year so far, top Army and police officials said on Saturday, maintaining that over 200 ultras are still active in the union territory.

“Out of these 89 terrorists, seven were FTs (foreign terrorists or Pakistanis). It (number) is lesser than the last year, but more top commanders were killed this year,” Inspector General of Police (IGP), Kashmir, Vijay Kumar said.

More News

Charri Mubarak journey to Amarnath cave shrine to start on Thursday

Police search 26 locations in Kashmir linked to banned JeI

JMC’s demolition drive at Jammu’s Parade Sabzi Mandi draws traders’ ire

Load More

He was addressing a joint press conference with GoC of Army’s 15 Corps Lt Gen D P Pandey and GoC of south Kashmir-based Victor Force Major Gen Rashim Bali.

To a question about the number of militants present in J&K, Lt Gen Pandey said “about 200-225 ultras were active across the UT”.

He, however, said there has been no successful infiltration along the Line of Control (LoC) so far this year.

“There has been information about one or two infiltrations. We have launched operations, which are on to check or neutralise them (infiltrators). But, according to ground inputs, there has been no successful infiltration or intrusion in the 15 Corps zone in the Valley so far,” LT Gen Pandey said.

Asked about the operation in Shokbaba Sumlar-Aragam area of Bandipora in north Kashmir in which three militants were killed last week, the Army officer said out of the three, two had travelled through proper visa route to Pakistan in 2017-18.

“This is a design to take youth from here, train them there (in Pakistan), and then send them back as terrorists. At least 40 youth have travelled on visa to Pakistan for studying purpose after being given proper certificates for visa, but they were sent back here as terrorists,” he said.

The GoC said those youth who return from there in the “right manner” will be welcomed, but those who come back with weapons will be neutralised.

The IGP said out of the 40 youth who had taken visa and travelled through the Wagah border route in Punjab to Pakistan, “27 came back with weapons and have been killed in encounters”.

“Rest are still across, a few of them are in touch with their families. We are keeping a watch,” he said.

Previous Post

Unprecedented level of transparency in execution of works; financial reforms visible on ground in J&K: LG

Next Post

2 Jaish militants involved in Pulwama terror attack killed: Police

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Charri Mubarak journey to Amarnath cave shrine to start on Thursday

Amarnath Yatra: Chhari Mubarak rituals to be held on Shankaracharya Temple from Aug 16
August 10, 2026

Srinagar: The focus of the annual Amarnath Yatra has now shifted to the ritualistic journey of Charri Mubarak, the holy...

Read moreDetails

Police search 26 locations in Kashmir linked to banned JeI

Police search 26 locations in Kashmir linked to banned JeI
August 10, 2026

Srinagar: Police on Sunday carried out searches at 26 locations allegedly linked to the banned Jamaat-e-Islami (JeI) group across Sopore...

Read moreDetails

JMC’s demolition drive at Jammu’s Parade Sabzi Mandi draws traders’ ire

JMC’s demolition drive at Jammu’s Parade Sabzi Mandi draws traders’ ire
August 10, 2026

Jammu:  Over a dozen shops were demolished at the traditional Parade Sabzi Mandi in the heart of Jammu early Sunday,...

Read moreDetails

Police, BSF conduct joint search operation along IB in Jammu

Search operation continues in Rajouri
August 10, 2026

Jammu:  Amid heightened security measures and area domination efforts ahead of Independence Day, Jammu and Kashmir Police conducted a cordon-and-search...

Read moreDetails

Migrant KPs say they are ‘political orphans’, ‘new untouchables’

Migrant KPs say they are ‘political orphans’, ‘new untouchables’
August 10, 2026

Jagti (Jammu): Describing themselves as "political orphans" and the "new untouchables", hundreds of displaced Kashmiri Pandits residing in Jagti township...

Read moreDetails

Govt approves ₹10 crore for restoration of Rattan Garh Fort in Bhaderwah

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
August 10, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Government has approved ₹10 crore for the repair and restoration of the historic Rattan Garh...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Police planning to revamp security cover of leaders vulnerable to militant attacks: IGP

2 Jaish militants involved in Pulwama terror attack killed: Police

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.