Mushtaq -ul-Hassan

Residential house damaged in fire in Tangmarg

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: Three families were rendered homeless after a massive blaze damaged a double-storey house in Tangmarg village in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.

Locals said that the fire broke from the top floor of a residential house in Kunchpora village in Tangmarg causing damage to the structure.

“Three siblings Shabir Ahmad, Gh Nabi, Mushtaq Ah sons of Ghulam Ahmad Chopan were residing in the house with their families in alternate rooms. All of the three households have been rendered homeless as the damage caused to property is estimated lakhs of rupees,” they said.

A police official confirming the incident said that the probable cause of the fire was a short circuit.

Meanwhile, the fire victims appealed to the Lt. Governor Administration, district level authorities for compensation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *