• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, February 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

J&K Police approaches Google asking to share email contents exchanged by Parra

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 13, 2021
in Latest News
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar/New Delhi: The US authorities and Google have been approached by the Jammu and Kashmir Police to share email contents exchanged by Waheed-ur-Rehman Parra, a close aide of PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti, with Pakistan-based secessionist leaders and terrorists, a charge sheet filed by the union territory police has said.

The charge sheet said there is a prima facie evidence “sufficient to launch prosecution” against Parra for establishing a nexus with terrorists to seek their backing for his political gains and for reciprocating by way of providing a range of help and support which led to terror strikes.

More News

9 CRPF men injured as vehicle falls into canal in Srinagar

Medical college admission fraud case: Four persons booked for cheating

Kashmir records unusual high day temperatures

Load More

“During investigation, it was found that the accused used to receive instructions and advice from Pakistan-based secessionist and terrorist leaders and communicated action-taken reports and a host of information in furtherance of terrorism and secessionism,” the charge sheet filed by the Counter Intelligence Kashmir (CIK) wing of the police said.

The charge sheet, submitted before a designated court in Srinagar earlier this month, said Parra used to share information through several email services, of which three have been brought on record.

“Accordingly, a request has been forwarded through proper channels to Google US as per their standard forms and norms for providing details/contents of emails exchanged by Parra through his three email IDs,” the 19-page charge sheet said.

Parra’s lawyer, as well as the PDP, has denied all the allegations levelled against Parra and has termed them “politically motivated”.

PDP president and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti has also alleged that the police were “torturing” Parra and keeping him in “inhuman conditions”.

She had tweeted earlier that Parra was being “persecuted and tortured to admit the false allegations. Since an admission didn’t happen, he is being kept under inhuman conditions. This investigation has been fraudulent and politically motivated from day one”.

However, the police, which charged Parra under various sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, said in its charge sheet that even the US authorities have been approached through the medium of Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) via the Ministry of External Affairs for providing necessary assistance in the case.

“Google US has been requested to preserve the data of the emails (of Parra) …and Google has conveyed compliance,” the charge sheet said.

The CIK, which is part of the Jammu and Kashmir Police’s CID, has also asked Google to provide WhatsApp chats and data stored in the iCloud account connected to his mobile phone and the details are awaited, the charge sheet said.

This is the second charge sheet against Parra, who was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in November last year. In January this year, Parra was granted bail by the NIA court in Jammu but was immediately detained by the CIK and brought to Srinagar, and at present, he is in judicial custody.

In March this year, he was charge sheeted by the NIA, and it was alleged that Parra had paid Rs 5 crore to the son-in-law of hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani for keeping Kashmir in turmoil after the death of Burhan Wani, the poster boy of the Hizbul Mujahideen, in 2016.

The CIK had filed a case last year against unknown politicians and others based on ‘reliable and confidential sources’ who said some political functionaries were misusing their power and helping militants.

These politicians have variously supported the terrorists and secessionists, and even facilitated their movement, transporting their hardware and converting areas under their political responsibility as “unavailable” for anti-terrorist operations.

“…had such unprincipled and illegal influence not exercised by these unethical political party functionaries, the guilty terrorists and secessionists would have been brought to justice,” the FIR of the CIK had said.

The CIK, which is mandated to probe cases under the UAPA and the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), took sanction for Parra’s prosecution from the Jammu and Kashmir Home Department under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA).

Previous Post

Have curbed infiltration, controlled militancy in J&K: MoS Home G K Reddy

Next Post

Ravi Shankar Prasad asks Congress to make its stand clear on Digvijay’s remarks on Art 370

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

9 CRPF men injured as vehicle falls into canal in Srinagar

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
February 21, 2026

Srinagar: At least nine CRPF personnel were injured on Saturday after a bunker vehicle skidded off the road and plunged...

Read moreDetails

Medical college admission fraud case: Four persons booked for cheating

Tampering with smart meters: Govt mulls to lodge FIR against 272 consumers in Sgr
February 21, 2026

Srinagar, Feb 20: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Crime Branch Kashmir has booked four persons for cheating and...

Read moreDetails

Kashmir records unusual high day temperatures

Chilla-i-Kalan set to end on dry note
February 20, 2026

Srinagar: Kashmir is experiencing an unusually warm winter, with day temperatures settling 9-11 degrees above the normal in several areas,...

Read moreDetails

CM Omar says Kishtwar DC issued directive on religious leaders request

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday told the J&K Legislative Assembly that the Deputy Commissioner of Kishtwar issued the...

Read moreDetails

62 of 65 AMRUT schemes under execution in J&K: Govt informs House

J&K’s debt at Rs 1.37 lakh cr for FY25 to be offset by increased GSDP: CM Abdullah
February 20, 2026

Srinagar: The government on Friday informed the House that 65 Water Supply Schemes have been sanctioned for the Union Territory...

Read moreDetails

Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri: Army

Maj Gen A P S Bal takes over as GOC of Delta force
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: An infiltration attempt by terrorists was scuttled by troops of the Indian Army along the Line of...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Bill to ban triple talaq to be brought again: Prasad

Ravi Shankar Prasad asks Congress to make its stand clear on Digvijay's remarks on Art 370

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.