Teenager electrocuted in Shopian
Srinagar: A 19-year-old electrician died after receiving a major electric shock Monday evening at Chitragam Kalan in south Kashmir’s Shopian district.
News agency GNS reported that Aqib Amin Ganaie, son of Mohammad Amin Ganaie, a resident of Chitragam Kalan, was carrying out some repairs when he received an electric shock.
The teenager was immediately evacuated to a nearby health facility, however doctors there declared him as brought dead on arrival.
A police official confirming the death of the electrician said the body was handed over to family after medico-legal formalities.
Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.