• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, February 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Roger Federer chooses rest, withdraws from French Open

AP/ PTI by AP/ PTI
June 6, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
1
20 years on, Federer faces son of rival from debut French Open
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Paris: Roger Federer withdrew from the French Open on Sunday to give himself a chance to recover after emerging from a tight third-round victory that lasted about 3 1/2 hours.

After two knee surgeries and over a year of rehabilitation it’s important that I listen to my body and make sure I don’t push myself too quickly on my road to recovery,” the 20-time Grand Slam champion said in a statement released by the French tennis federation.

More News

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra

J&K LG, CM congratulate cricket team after historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

Load More

“I am thrilled to have gotten 3 matches under my belt. There is no greater feeling than being back on court.

Federer, who turns 40 on Aug. 8, was competing in his first major tournament since the 2020 Australian Open. Shortly after that event, he had the first of a pair of operations on his right knee.

He had played just three matches this season before arriving in Paris for the clay-court Slam, which he won in 2009.

Federer had made clear last month that he did not see himself as ready to contend for the French Open title this time and instead had his sights on Wimbledon, the grass-court major he has won a men’s-record eight times. Play begins at the All England Club on June 28.

Federer edged 59th-ranked Dominik Koepfer 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 7-6 (4), 7-5 in the third round, a match that began Saturday night and ended as 1 a.m. approached Sunday.

The No. 8-seeded Federer was supposed to play No. 9 seed Matteo Berrettini of Italy in the fourth round on Monday.

The winner of the match will face either No. 1 Novak Djokovic or unseeded Lorenzo Musetti in the quarterfinals.

The Roland Garros tournament is sorry about the withdrawal of Roger Federer, who put up an incredible fight last night,” tournament director Guy Forget said in a statement.

“We were all delighted to see Roger back in Paris, where he played three high-level matches. We wish him all the best for the rest of the season. (AP)

Previous Post

Fear and panic over presence of bear in Tangmarg

Next Post

Masoodi decries commercialisation of selection process

AP/ PTI

AP/ PTI

Related Posts

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  Sixty-seven years after their maiden appearance, Jammu and Kashmir stormed into the Ranji Trophy finals for the...

Read moreDetails

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  With nine emotive words, Jammu and Kashmir's inspirational captain Paras Dogra encapsulated his 24-year grind, which also...

Read moreDetails

J&K LG, CM congratulate cricket team after historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

February 19, 2026

Jammu: Lt Governor Manoj Sinha joined the CM Omar Abdullah and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti in congratulating the Paras Dogra-led...

Read moreDetails

Assembly Proceedings: House hails J&K’s historic entry into Ranji Trophy Finals

February 19, 2026

JAMMU, FEBRUARY 18: Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, Abdul Rahim Rather, together with other Legislative Members, congratulated the Jammu &...

Read moreDetails

Div Com reviews arrangements for 6th Khelo India Winter Games at Gulmarg

February 19, 2026

SRINAGAR, FEBRUARY 18: Following the announcement of dates for the commencement of the 2nd leg of the 6th Edition of...

Read moreDetails

Nabi’s nine-for neutralises Shami’s 8/90 as J&K have one foot on Ranji Trophy final door

Nabi’s nine-for neutralises Shami’s 8/90 as J&K have one foot on Ranji Trophy final door
February 17, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  Auqib Nabi delivered a performance to remember, claiming a nine-wicket match haul as his counter-attacking 42 at...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
NC has given voice to every single citizen of J&K since 1931: Masoodi

Masoodi decries commercialisation of selection process

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.