• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Bancroft backtracks, says no new information to offer on ball-tampering scandal

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 19, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
0
Bancroft backtracks, says no new information to offer on ball-tampering scandal
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Sydney: Cameron Bancroft has informed Cricket Australia that he has no new information to give on the 2018 ball-tampering scandal after CA’s offer to reinvestigate the matter, backtracking on his earlier claim that team’s other bowlers could have been aware of the illegal plot.

It has emerged that Bancroft, who is currently playing for Durham in the English County Championship, has responded to CA’s integrity unit, that had reached out to him in search of new information on the infamous incident.

More News

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Load More

“Bancroft, who is playing county cricket in the UK, had responded overnight on Monday in a conciliatory manner and indicated that he did not have significant new information to share with CA,” the ‘Sydney Morning Herald’ newspaper, quoting sources familiar with the situation, reported.

“Bancroft is said to have told CA he is supportive of the investigation and satisfied with the outcome,” it added.

The Australian bowling attack in the Cape Town Test had comprised pacers Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, all-rounder Mitchell Marsh and spinner Nathan Lyon.

According to the report, Bancroft has reached out to the bowlers in order to explain his recent comments.

“…Bancroft had claimed he was left flustered by the unexpected line of questioning and that there was no malice behind his remarks.”

The 28-year-old right hander was caught on camera using sandpaper on the ball in the third Test against South Africa in 2018.

In an interview last week, Bancroft was twice asked if the bowlers knew about his actions and both times he said it was “pretty self- explanatory”.

The trio of Bancroft, then skipper Steve Smith and his deputy David Warner were banned for their roles in the scandal which led to a review of Australia’s win-at-all-cost team culture.

While Bancroft was handed a nine-month ban, Smith and Warner were suspended for a year each.

Head coach Darren Lehmann also resigned in the aftermath of the scandal.

In the wake of Bancroft’s recent statements, CA has come under severe criticism for how it handled the investigation.

Former skipper Michael Clarke has accused the body of sweeping the issue under the carpet while ex-wicketkeeper batsman Adam Gilchrist alleged CA did not carry out a thorough investigation.

Warner’s manager James Erskine also lashed out, saying his client, Smith and Bancroft were “treated despicably.”

 

Previous Post

Annual Plan 2021-22: Education, Youth Engagement and Livelihood key priorities, says Dr Shahid

Next Post

Saha recovers from COVID, to be available for tour of England

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Bumrah picks up fifer but England draw parity with India by making 465 all out
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: Premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah is set to miss India's two-Test tour of Sri Lanka as he is yet...

Read moreDetails

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports
August 3, 2026

Budgam: Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Sunday inaugurated a local cricket tournament at Tujan in Budgam...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Khelo India initiative: Block Level competitions to start from Sept 1 at Poonch
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Friday approved a revamped Khelo India Scheme and an enhanced Assistance to National Sports...

Read moreDetails

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

Govt committed to preserving Kashmir’s houseboat heritage: Javed Rana
August 1, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology and Environment, and Tribal Affairs, Javed Ahmed Rana, on Friday directed the concerned...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

August 1, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Friday began open selection trials for the Union Territory's Junior Boys Football...

Read moreDetails

Against all odds, Kashmir’s Majid Magray set to lead India at Lord’s

J&K’s Majid Magray to lead India in mixed disability T20I series against England
July 31, 2026

For most cricketers, the road to the national team is measured in runs, wickets and performances. For Majid Magray, it...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Saha recovers from COVID, to be available for tour of England

Saha recovers from COVID, to be available for tour of England

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.