• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Coach creating match situations for me in training: Sindhu

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 16, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
0
SAI approves Sindhu’s request for travelling coach and physio
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The lack of competitions before the Olympics is a major concern for Indian shuttlers but not so much for PV Sindhu, who trusts her Korean coach Park Tae Sang to create match situations for her in training itself.

Owing to the raging COVID-19 pandemic, the Badminton World Federation has been forced to cancel the remaining three Olympic qualifiers in India, Malaysia and Singapore. These were to be the last set of events before the Tokyo Games in July-August.

More News

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Load More

Asked if cancellations will affect her preparations, Sindhu said: “Well, we were thinking that Singapore will be the last event before Olympics but now we don’t have another option, so I am playing matches against different players and my coach Park is trying to create match situations for me in training.

“Different players have different styles like Tai Tzu (Ying) or Ratchanok (Intanon) have different styles of play but Park is there to guide me, to prepare me for it,” Sindhu told PTI.

“Obviously, we will be playing each other after a few months and there will be something new in our games, so I will have to prepare for that.”

Sindhu doesn’t train with the rest of the Indian Olympic-bound team. She has been training at the Gachibowli indoor stadium in Telangana and does her fitness training at Suchitra academy.

The 25-year-old endorsed BWF’s decision to cancel the events, saying while it is sad that competitions could not take place but but life is more important than sports.

“It is sad that the whole world has come to a standstill but before sportspersons, we are human beings and life comes first,” Sindhu said.

“If tournaments happen, we don’t know if we will be safe, we might think we will be but we can’t be sure because we don’t know from where this virus will come.

“For the moment, events are being cancelled and I know sportspersons are sad but I think it is good for the people…Organisers take a lot of measures and keep us in a bubble but still we need to be careful.”

Sindhu, who had reached the finals of Swiss Open in March after returning to action following a long break, said she is improving as a player.

“It has been a good campaign so far this year. I have been improving as a player. My coach has analysed my game, so really looking forward to the Olympics. My dad also helps me a lot,” she said.

 

Previous Post

Railway extends suspension of services in Kashmir till may 24

Next Post

Kohli is best batsman in world, can get under your skin: Paine

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Bumrah picks up fifer but England draw parity with India by making 465 all out
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: Premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah is set to miss India's two-Test tour of Sri Lanka as he is yet...

Read moreDetails

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports
August 3, 2026

Budgam: Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Sunday inaugurated a local cricket tournament at Tujan in Budgam...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Khelo India initiative: Block Level competitions to start from Sept 1 at Poonch
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Friday approved a revamped Khelo India Scheme and an enhanced Assistance to National Sports...

Read moreDetails

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

Govt committed to preserving Kashmir’s houseboat heritage: Javed Rana
August 1, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology and Environment, and Tribal Affairs, Javed Ahmed Rana, on Friday directed the concerned...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

August 1, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Friday began open selection trials for the Union Territory's Junior Boys Football...

Read moreDetails

Against all odds, Kashmir’s Majid Magray set to lead India at Lord’s

J&K’s Majid Magray to lead India in mixed disability T20I series against England
July 31, 2026

For most cricketers, the road to the national team is measured in runs, wickets and performances. For Majid Magray, it...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
India a proud cricket country, won’t roll over at MCG: Paine

Kohli is best batsman in world, can get under your skin: Paine

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.