• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, August 4, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

TRAI writes to key ministries, associations, NIC, others on new norms for bulk SMS

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 29, 2021
in BUSINESS
A A
0
To prevent weapon snatching, police bans use of smartphones by sentries
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: TRAI has written to key ministries, associations like COAI and Nasscom and nodal agencies like NIC in a massive information outreach as it pulls out all stops to ensure smooth implementation of its new regulations on bulk messages after March 31.

Sources in the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said NIC has assured the regulator that it is in a state of readiness to assist government organisations and agencies, and resolve any issues, as new rules for commercial messages come into force.

More News

Rajya Sabha passes bill to tackle payment delays faced by MSMEs amid Opposition protests

SC flags concerns over functioning of Pharmacy Council, says regulatory uncertainty hurts students

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

Load More

The National Informatics Centre (NIC) provides technology support to governance services.

The regulator has written to key stakeholders across sectors informing them at length about the rules, and urging them to advise entities and organisations under their jurisdiction to “strictly comply with the new regulatory requirement without further delay”.

As part of this outreach program, TRAI also sounded out industry associations CII, FICCI, Assocham, Nasscom and COAI, urging them to inform their member organisations about new regulatory requirements, the sources said.

TRAI has also written to entities such as NIC, CDAC as well as all government organisations that are availing benefits of concessional SMSes.

This is in addition to outreach to key central ministries, and chief secretaries of states on the issue.

TRAI’s new regulatory requirement for commercial messages, based on blockchain technology, aims to curb unsolicited and fraudulent messages.

The norms require bonafide entities sending commercial text messages to register message headers and templates with telecom operators.

The SMSes and OTPs, when sent by user entities (banks, payment companies and others), are checked against the templates registered on the blockchain platform — a process called SMS scrubbing.

The allotment of header, registration of template, and various others checks and balances would allow the verification of identity and purpose of communication by genuine entities.

Earlier this month, however, transactions, including banking, credit card payment and certain other services that involve SMSes and OTP generation, had faced a major outage when telcos implemented the TRAI norms without the balancing measures in place by principal entities (which send out bonafide bulk, commercial messages).

Following the disruption, TRAI had given a temporary breather to such companies, but had insisted that they take immediate measures to comply with the norms.

The telecom regulator, this Friday, released a list of 40 “defaulter” principal entities, including large banks like HDFC Bank, State Bank of India and ICICI Bank, that were not fulfilling its regulatory norms on bulk commercial messages, despite repeated reminders.

Toughening its stance on the issue, TRAI warned that defaulting entities should comply with the stipulated requirements by March 31, 2021 “to avoid any disruption in the communication with customers” from April 1, 2021.

“As sufficient opportunity has been given to principal entities/ telemarketers to comply with the regulatory requirements and that the consumers cannot be deprived of the benefits of the regulatory provisions any further, therefore it has been decided that from April 1, 2021, any message failing in the scrubbing process due to non-compliance of regulatory requirements will be rejected” by the system, TRAI had said in a statement recently.

 

 

 

Previous Post

Farooq Khan inspects Tribal Research Institute at Khimber Harwan

Next Post

Amid surge in COVID-19 cases, RBI likely to maintain status quo: Experts

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Rajya Sabha passes bill to tackle payment delays faced by MSMEs amid Opposition protests

Parliament’s Monsoon session ends: Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha adjourned sine die
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Monday passed a bill that seeks to tackle the issue of delayed payments to...

Read moreDetails

SC flags concerns over functioning of Pharmacy Council, says regulatory uncertainty hurts students

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday expressed serious concerns over the functioning of the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)...

Read moreDetails

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

India top recipient of Commonwealth FDI: Report
August 2, 2026

  New Delhi:  India approved just one Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 crore, while clearing 13 applications from Hong Kong...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel sales soar on weak monsoon rains, LPG demand shifts to piped gas

Petrol price hit highest level under BJP govt, diesel at record high
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel sales by India's three state-run fuel retailers rose sharply in July as below-normal monsoon rainfall...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi inaugurates Bhogapuram Airport, says Andhra poised to become manufacturing hub

Nation responds to PM’s call for fuel conservation
August 1, 2026

Visakhapatnam: Highlighting the development potential of Andhra Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said global companies are exploring opportunities...

Read moreDetails

Commercial LPG prices cut by Rs 192, ATF rates up Rs 5/litre

Niti Aayog working on proposal ‘to replace LPG subsidy with cooking subsidy’
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The prices of commercial LPG -- used in establishments such as hotels and restaurants -- were on Saturday...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
RBI to conduct first-ever OMO purchase of SDLs on Oct 22

Amid surge in COVID-19 cases, RBI likely to maintain status quo: Experts

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.