• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 16, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Nizamuddin Markaz reopens its doors

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 29, 2021
in NATION
A A
0
Nizamuddin Markaz reopens its doors
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Agencies

New Delhi, Mar 29: A year after it was shut, the Nizamuddin Markaz building opened for Shab-e-Barat prayers on Sunday — albeit with visitors capped at 50. A policeman outside the six-storey building checked the names of those arriving on a list before letting them enter.

More News

Govt taking comprehensive reforms to curb exam paper leaks, protect future of youths: President Murmu

PM Modi recalls courage of all those who were impacted by Partition

Partition a scar which will never be forgotten by history: Amit Shah

Load More

The premises had been locked after a case was registered against people who attended a Tablighi Jamaat congregation last March, allegedly in violation of Covid guidelines. The locality had subsequently been named a hotspot.

Last Wednesday, the Centre told the Delhi High Court that 50 people chosen by the Waqf Board can be allowed to offer prayers at the mosque inside the Markaz during the festival once the names of those individuals are provided to the area SHO.

A Tablighi Jamaat member, who visited the Markaz on Sunday night, said, “It is good that it has been opened but more people should have been allowed. We are happy to obey rules but there should be stricter implementation in gatherings across India during elections, where social distancing is being ignored.”

He also spoke of the treatment meted out to other Jamaat members by the government and media: “The media declared us human bombs when the fact was that people here were trapped like at many other places across the world due to sudden lockdown.”

As the clock struck 8, and with 40 people in the building, police ordered closure of shops in the market. Some locals were seen asking police to let them enter but were turned back. “This is festival time and Covid is spreading fast. We cannot allow many people to gather,” said an officer at the site.

Saif Ahmed, a volunteer at the Markaz, said all social distancing norms were maintained inside as it is a big area with capacity to accommodate thousands. “Fifty people have been allowed as of now… Government guidelines are being strictly followed. We hope that just like other places, be it a masjid, mandir or a gurdwara, where visitors have been allowed, people are allowed here too.”

The submission on behalf of the Centre in court was made after Waqf Board, represented by senior advocate Ramesh Gupta and advocate Wajeeh Shafiq, urged the court to permit some individuals to pray at the mosque for Shab-e-Barat. They said only the mosque would be used and not the madrasa. Gupta urged the court to decide the matter before Ramzan commences from April 13 as more people would want to offer prayers at the mosque during that time.

Previous Post

Indian Army donates 1 lakh doses COVID-19 vaccines to Nepal Army

Next Post

Severe heat wave in Delhi, highest temperature in March since 1945, says IMD

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Govt taking comprehensive reforms to curb exam paper leaks, protect future of youths: President Murmu

President Murmu stresses on maintaining spirit of harmony, calls Indian economy beacon of hope for world
August 14, 2026

New Delhi: Underlining that students are the "architects of India's future," President Droupadi Murmu on Friday said the government is...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi recalls courage of all those who were impacted by Partition

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
August 14, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi remembered the victims of the 1947 Partition on Friday, the eve of Independence Day....

Read moreDetails

Partition a scar which will never be forgotten by history: Amit Shah

Home minister distributes job letters to victims of Pak shelling
August 14, 2026

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said August 14 stands witness to one of the most brutal...

Read moreDetails

Serious doubts on intent, no discussion with parties: Cong attacks govt on caste census

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
August 14, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Friday attacked the government over the caste census issue, saying that not carrying a list...

Read moreDetails

Stormy Monsoon session ends; several bills passed without debate

Parliament’s winter session ends amid deepening political animosity
August 13, 2026

New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned sine die on Thursday, drawing curtains on a stormy Monsoon session which saw relentless...

Read moreDetails

Govt was scared, rattled during Monsoon Session; oppn unity was on display: Cong

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
August 13, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday claimed that never before had a government been so "scared and rattled" as the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
People seek divine intervention for rains in Jammu

Severe heat wave in Delhi, highest temperature in March since 1945, says IMD

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.