• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Sand extraction contract: Altaf Bukhari vows to continue protests till order is revoked

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
March 27, 2021
in Latest News
A A
0
GoI needs to show firm political will to make J&K similar to other States: Altaf Bukhari
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Stating that Apni Party leaders along with the stakeholders of mining and sand extraction staged protests in all districts across the J&K Unit,  the Apni Party chief, Syed Muhammad Altaf Buhkari, petitioned the Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha to roll back the sand extraction contract order issued post-August 5, 2019 in the interest of five lakh people associated with the mining business in the UT.

He said that so far J&K administration is unmoved and that the Apni Party will continue to stage protests till the order is revoked.

More News

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Load More

“Last time, we had given an ultimatum of a week to the government to roll back the controversial order that has hit the livelihood of 5 lakh people associated mining and sand extraction. But the government remained unmoved,” Bukhari said during a press conference in Srinagar as per Kashmir News Observer (KNO).

“Today, Apni Party leaders along with the stakeholders of mining and sand extraction staged protests in all districts of the UT. In some places that include Budgam and Baramulla, our protests were confined to a particular place. Our protests remained peaceful in all districts of the UT.”

He said that the government seems to be least bothered about the “serious issues” but Apni Party is committed to fighting for the rights of 5 lakh people who are on the verge of starvation. “We will continue to protest till the order is revoked,” Bukhari said, adding that the 5 lakh people who have borrowed loan from banks to buy boats, tippers, and crusher machines are all set to become defaults. “Does that suit the government,” Bukhari asked.

Asked if the government fails to revoke the controversial order, he said: “We have no option other than to intensify protests.”  To a query that other political parties are silent over the issue, Bukhari said he can’t speak on behalf of others. “They may be having other priorities. I don’t see politics in it. This is an issue of a common man and we will strive hard for it,” he said. (KNO)

Previous Post

India, Pakistan must move beyond secret talks: Omar Abdullah

Next Post

Shri Amarnathji Yatra-2021: Registration of Yatris to commence on 1st April

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case
May 18, 2026

Srinagar:: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch J&K has filed a chargesheet against a former In-charge Superintendent Engineer...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail to Baramulla MP Er Rashid to enable him to attend...

Read moreDetails

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The rupee opened on a weak note and slumped to an all-time low of 96.25 in early trade on...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel
May 18, 2026

R S Pura/Jammu:  Traditional horse-driven tongas, once a common mode of transport in the border areas of Jammu, are seeing...

Read moreDetails

3 drug peddlers held

May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Police have arrested three drug peddlers in Awantipora and Anantnag and recovered contraband substances from their possession. A police...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
SABLO favours cancellation of annual Amarnath yatra

Shri Amarnathji Yatra-2021: Registration of Yatris to commence on 1st April

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.