• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Sand extraction contract: Altaf Bukhari vows to continue protests till order is revoked

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
March 27, 2021
in Latest News
A A
0
GoI needs to show firm political will to make J&K similar to other States: Altaf Bukhari
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Stating that Apni Party leaders along with the stakeholders of mining and sand extraction staged protests in all districts across the J&K Unit,  the Apni Party chief, Syed Muhammad Altaf Buhkari, petitioned the Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha to roll back the sand extraction contract order issued post-August 5, 2019 in the interest of five lakh people associated with the mining business in the UT.

He said that so far J&K administration is unmoved and that the Apni Party will continue to stage protests till the order is revoked.

More News

White Knight Corps GOC reviews CI grid in Kishtwar

Minor dies, mother hurt in road accident

Driver dies after vehicle falls 50 feet in Poonch

Load More

“Last time, we had given an ultimatum of a week to the government to roll back the controversial order that has hit the livelihood of 5 lakh people associated mining and sand extraction. But the government remained unmoved,” Bukhari said during a press conference in Srinagar as per Kashmir News Observer (KNO).

“Today, Apni Party leaders along with the stakeholders of mining and sand extraction staged protests in all districts of the UT. In some places that include Budgam and Baramulla, our protests were confined to a particular place. Our protests remained peaceful in all districts of the UT.”

He said that the government seems to be least bothered about the “serious issues” but Apni Party is committed to fighting for the rights of 5 lakh people who are on the verge of starvation. “We will continue to protest till the order is revoked,” Bukhari said, adding that the 5 lakh people who have borrowed loan from banks to buy boats, tippers, and crusher machines are all set to become defaults. “Does that suit the government,” Bukhari asked.

Asked if the government fails to revoke the controversial order, he said: “We have no option other than to intensify protests.”  To a query that other political parties are silent over the issue, Bukhari said he can’t speak on behalf of others. “They may be having other priorities. I don’t see politics in it. This is an issue of a common man and we will strive hard for it,” he said. (KNO)

Previous Post

India, Pakistan must move beyond secret talks: Omar Abdullah

Next Post

Shri Amarnathji Yatra-2021: Registration of Yatris to commence on 1st April

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

White Knight Corps GOC reviews CI grid in Kishtwar

Top Army official reviews Air Defence Brigade’s readiness in J&K
February 17, 2026

Jammu: The General Officer Commanding of the Army’s White Knight Corps, Lieutenant General P K Mishra, on Monday visited Jammu...

Read moreDetails

Minor dies, mother hurt in road accident

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
February 17, 2026

Budgam: A road accident claimed the life of a 10-year-old girl and left her mother injured in the Chadoora area...

Read moreDetails

Driver dies after vehicle falls 50 feet in Poonch

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
February 17, 2026

Poonch: A driver lost his life after sustaining grievous injuries when his vehicle skidded off the road and plunged nearly...

Read moreDetails

2 Pak nationals flee Jammu juvenile home

Alleged OGW escapes from Sopore police station
February 17, 2026

Jammu: Three inmates, including two Pakistani nationals, escaped from a juvenile home in the border area of Jammu after allegedly...

Read moreDetails

No major rain or snowfall forecast, isolated light snow possible in higher reaches

Temperatures dip across Kashmir, many towns record coldest night in 16 years
February 15, 2026

Srinagar: The Meteorological Centre Srinagar has forecast largely dry weather conditions across Jammu and Kashmir till February 24, with no...

Read moreDetails

Santosh Vaidya, Saloni Rai move from J&K to key GNCTD posts

Govt orders transfers in administration 
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: The Delhi Government has ordered the transfer and posting of 72 IAS officers across various departments, including two...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
SABLO favours cancellation of annual Amarnath yatra

Shri Amarnathji Yatra-2021: Registration of Yatris to commence on 1st April

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.