• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Umar Akmal to resume competitive cricket after CAS reduces his ban to 12 months

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 27, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
0
Umar Akmal to resume competitive cricket after CAS reduces his ban to 12 months
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Karachi: Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal will be able to resume his cricket career after the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) reduced his suspension to 12 months and imposed a fine of 42.50 lakh Pakistani Rupees on him for breaching the Anti-Corruption Code.

The CAS announced its decision in a consolidated order on the appeals filed by Umar and the Pakistan Cricket Board.

More News

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

Load More

Umar was initially suspended from all cricket activities on February 20 last year for not reporting approaches made to him for spot-fixing in the Pakistan Super League.

On Friday, the PCB said that Umar will now be eligible to reintegrate into competitive cricket subject to deposits of fine, which adds up to Rs 19.62 lakh in Indian currency, and undergoing the program of rehabilitation under the PCB Anti-Corruption Code.

Umar was banned for three years by PCB”s Anti-Corruption Tribunal in April last year but he appealed the decision and an Independent Adjudicator, Justice (read) Fakhir Muhammad Khokar reduced the ban in late July to 18 months.

It was despite PCB’s contention that the batsman had shown no remorse over his actions of not reporting a corruption approach.

The PCB then went to the CAS saying it was not satisfied with the length of the ban and it should remain three years or more while Umar also lodged an appeal with the CAS against the ban and fine asking it to be dismissed.

The CAS after holding a seven hour hearing via video link last December had reserved its judgement on Umar’s appeal.

The CAS hearing was chaired by an adjudicator, who is based in England, and he reserved the verdict after listening to the lawyers of both parties.

According to the PCB, the CAS has also refused Umar’s request, seeking return of his two mobile phones, which are in PCB”s custody for some different investigation.

“The PCB once again urges and reminds all participants to abide by their duty and promptly report any approaches to the anti-corruption offices and help themselves as well as the anti-corruption unit effort to eliminate the anathema of fixing,” the board said in a statement.

The 30-year-old Umar, who has played 16 Tests, 121 ODIs and 84 T20 Internationals since his Pakistan debut in 2009, has largely remained embroiled in major and minor controversies which have affected his international career in all formats.

Previous Post

Navin Choudhary chairs 8th BoDs meet of JCCBL

Next Post

Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls taken in mass abduction

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Khelo India initiative: Block Level competitions to start from Sept 1 at Poonch
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Friday approved a revamped Khelo India Scheme and an enhanced Assistance to National Sports...

Read moreDetails

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

Govt committed to preserving Kashmir’s houseboat heritage: Javed Rana
August 1, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology and Environment, and Tribal Affairs, Javed Ahmed Rana, on Friday directed the concerned...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

August 1, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Friday began open selection trials for the Union Territory's Junior Boys Football...

Read moreDetails

Against all odds, Kashmir’s Majid Magray set to lead India at Lord’s

J&K’s Majid Magray to lead India in mixed disability T20I series against England
July 31, 2026

For most cricketers, the road to the national team is measured in runs, wickets and performances. For Majid Magray, it...

Read moreDetails

JIM&WS claims mountaineering, paragliding firsts in Eastern Ladakh

JIM&WS claims mountaineering, paragliding firsts in Eastern Ladakh
July 31, 2026

Pahalgam: The Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering and Winter Sports (JIM&WS), Pahalgam, on Thursday announced that it had completed two high-altitude...

Read moreDetails

PM congratulates Gavit, Sreeshankar, Basil on Commonwealth Games medals

July 31, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday congratulated Indian athletes Dilip Mahadu Gavit, Sreeshankar and Mohammed Basil Morssinganakath on...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls taken in mass abduction

Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls taken in mass abduction

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.