• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

30,000 KP’s applied for over 2,000 posts under PM package: Officials

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 31, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Govt depts to create over 2.6 lakh jobs between 2019 and 2021: Budget estimate
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: Over 30,000 Kashmiri Pandits have applied for the 2,000 re-allocated government jobs under the Prime Minister’s employment package and the selection process would be completed by the end of April, officials said on Saturday.

The prime minister’s package for Kashmiri Pandit migrants announced in 2008 has two major components – one pertaining to the provision of 6,000 jobs for youth and another pertaining to the provision of 6,000 accommodation units for the recruited employees.

More News

‘Don’t share OTP, Aadhaar, bank details’: PM Modi’s tips on combating digital fraud

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today

Load More

“As regards to the jobs, out of 6,000 posts, 3,841 candidates have already been selected and appointed in various departments. The remaining 2,000-odd posts have been referred to J&K Service Selection Board (JKSSB),” a Relief and Rehabilitation department spokesperson said.

“The JKSSB has already received more than 30,000 applications for these posts and the selection process shall be completed by the end of April. This will ensure completion of the PM package component related to jobs,” the official said.

He said there are a few posts which have remained unfilled due to matters which are sub-judice.

About the construction of 6,000 accommodation units, the spokesperson said significant progress has been achieved in the last few months.

While 1,000-odd units have already been constructed, another 1,500 were approved for construction in November last year, he said, adding the tenders for these units have either been finalised or will be finalised before the end of March.

“Land identification has been done for another 2,200 units. The Detailed Project Reports for these units are under finalisation and their tenders will be finalised before the end of May,” the spokesperson said.

Cumulatively, he said the procedural process has substantially been completed for nearly 5,000 accommodation units.

“It is expected that land for the remaining 1,000 units will be identified within a month which will substantially expedite the project. The migrants employees recruited under the PM package will be fully accommodated within the next 18 to 24 months,” he said.

Previous Post

‘6 lakh golden cards of health insurance scheme issued in 1 month’

Next Post

Govt orders transfers in administration

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

‘Don’t share OTP, Aadhaar, bank details’: PM Modi’s tips on combating digital fraud

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 23, 2026

New Delhi: "Do not share your OTP, Aadhaar number, or bank account details with anyone. Most importantly, change your passwords...

Read moreDetails

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter
February 23, 2026

Jammu: Three members of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror outfit were killed in an encounter with security forces in Kishtwar...

Read moreDetails

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today
February 23, 2026

Gulmarg: The famous ski-resort, Gulmarg is ready to host the sixth Khelo India Winter Games (KIWG) in which over 400...

Read moreDetails

‘Continued delay’ in restoration of statehood to J-K is concerning: Farooq Abdullah

NC-led govt achieved a lot in one year despite UT status: Farooq Abdullah
February 23, 2026

Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday expressed concern over the "continued delay" in the restoration of...

Read moreDetails

NHPC to launch desilting as Salal reservoir’s capacity shrinks 96 per cent

IWT to remain suspended until Pakistan abjures support for cross-border terror: Jal Shakti ministry
February 23, 2026

Jammu: Decades after key sediment-management facilities were rendered inoperable under the Indus Waters Treaty, the reservoir of the Salal power...

Read moreDetails

Last rites of Jammu student who died in Russia-Ukraine war held

Last rites of Jammu student who died in Russia-Ukraine war held
February 23, 2026

Jammu:  Manjinder Singh, 24, travelled to Russia on a student visa with hopes of higher education and supporting his family....

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Two KAS officers transferred

Govt orders transfers in administration

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.