• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

US retains ‘terrorist’ designation of LeT

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 17, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
US retains ‘terrorist’ designation of LeT
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Washington:  The United States has reviewed and maintained the “terrorist” designations of Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Lashkar-i-Jhangvi (LJ), along with ISIL Sinai Peninsula (ISIL-SP) and several other organisations.

Days ahead of the transition of power, the US Department of State said that it has amended the terrorist designations of LJ and ISIL Sinai Peninsula (ISIL-SP) to include additional aliases.

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

Additionally, the Department of State has reviewed and maintained the Foreign Terrorist Organisation (FTO) designations of LJ, ISIL-SP, LeT, Jaysh Rijal al-Tariq al Naqshabandi, Jama’atu Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis-Sudan (Ansaru), al-Nusrah Front, Continuity Irish Republican Army, and the National Liberation Army, a media note said.

“Based upon a review of the Administrative Records … I conclude that the circumstances that were the bases for the designations of the aforementioned organisations as Foreign Terrorist Organisations have not changed in such a manner as to warrant revocation of the designations and that the national security of the United States does not warrant a revocation of the designations,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a federal register notification published on January 14.

These organisations included Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaysh Rijal al-Tariq al Naqshabandi, Jama’atu Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis-Sudan, Harakat-ul-Mujahidin, al-Nusrah Front, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, Continuity Irish Republican Army, and the National Liberation Army.

LeT was designated as a “terrorist organization” by the United States in December 2001.

Since the original designation occurred, LeT has repeatedly changed its name and created front organisations in an effort to avoid sanctions, the State Department said earlier.

The Treasury department earlier this month said that the US blocked USD 342,000 in funds of LeT in 2019 as part of its crackdown on foreign terror organisations.

Previous Post

Govt orders transfers, new postings in administration

Next Post

Chargesheet filed against 11 members of ‘LeT module’

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Journalist among 10 charge-sheeted in terror case

Chargesheet filed against 11 members of ‘LeT module’

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.