Residential houses, drug store, dental clinic gutted in Tangmarg blaze
Former MLA Gulmarg hails firemen, locals for saving the congested village
Tangmarg: In a massive fire, five structures were completely destroyed in Chandilora village in Tangmarg of district Baramulla Thursday night.
Reports said that fire broke in the residential house of one Ghulam Rasool Hajam, due to short circuit, at around 11:45 pm on Thursday night and spread in a jiffy to adjacent structures.
The locals rushed to the spot and were joined by men and machinery of Fire and Emergency Services. Firemen did a wonderful job to save the rest of the congested village however, four residential houses including an annexe, one cowshed, a pharmaceutical store and a dental clinic were completely destroyed in the fire, locals said.
The residential houses belonged to Ghulam Rasool Najar, Farida Bano (divorcee) D/O Ghulam Rasool Najar, Late Bashir Ahmad Ganie and the annexe belonged to Shabir Ahmad Wani.
The pharmaceutical store (Prince Medicate, one of the renowned medical store of the area) was owned by Javed Ahmad Ganie while as the dental clinic was rented by one Dr Javed Ahmad while the complex is owned by Javed Ahmad Ganie. The cowshed belonged to Mohammad Yousuf Ganie.
All the structures were razed to ground and the owners couldn’t save anything, said locals.
The locals and the victims had very high words for the Fire and Emergency Services from Tangmarg, Kunzar, Magam and Pattan for their prompt and selfless efforts to save the village.
Former MLA Gulmarg and Provincial President of Peoples Conference, Mohammad Abbas Wani also thanked the firemen for their professional handling of the situation and also the locals of the village and neighbouring villages for their prompt action.
The loses including that of two commercial establishments are worth crores and I appeal to the administration to come to the rescue of the victims, the former MLA said.
Apni Party leader, Ghulam Hassan Mir, newly elected DDC member, Mir Ishfaq and civil society activist, Abdul Qayoom Wani too have expressed shock over the incident and asked the authorities to come to the rescue of the fire victims.