• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Families of 3 Budgam men arrested in Delhi stage protest

Majid Kapra by Majid Kapra
December 12, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Families of 3 Budgam men arrested in Delhi stage protest
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Family members of three Budgam men, who were arrested after an alleged encounter at Shakarpur area in East Delhi earlier this week, Friday threatened to stage a ‘dharna’, outside the Parliament if these ‘innocent’ people are not released forthwith.

Chanting slogans against the ‘Delhi Police’, the relatives of three Budgam men, carrying placards in their hands which read “release innocents, we want justice” assembled at the Press Enclave here this afternoon, and staged a protest, demanding immediate release of the trio.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

The protesting family members threatened to march to the national capital and stage a ‘dharna’ (sit-in) outside the Parliament if their relatives are not released forthwith. They said the Delhi Police Special Cell has “implicated them in a false case without justifying their involvement in any militant activity”.

Reyaz Ahmed Rather, Shabir Ahmed Gojri and Muhammad Ayub Pathan, all residents of central Kashmir’s Budgam district were arrested on 7th of this month along with two Sikhs in New Delhi for their alleged links with ISI and Khalistani groups.

“We want to question PM Modi and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal that where is the weapon Delhi Police claims to have recovered from three hard-core terrorists alleged to be affiliated with Babbar Khalisa or ISI,” questioned the protesting family members.

They said Mohammad Ayub Pathan, who was accompanied by two other men from Budgam, had gone to New Delhi to buy some electric appliances for his bandsaw mill. They said that they were in regular contact with the trio before the news about their arrest went viral on social media.

“Mohamad Ayub Pathan, who runs a bandsaw mill, was accompanied by two other men from Budgam. He had gone to New Delhi to buy some electric appliances. We were in regular contact with them till 11AM on Sunday and were crestfallen the moment news about their arrest went viral on social media,” they added.

Protesters appealed the Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha to intervene and ensure that the trio is released without being implicated in any other case.

“They are innocent; we appeal the Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha to ensure their release as the Delhi Police have been habitual of making Kashmiri people scapegoats. LG sir, please intervene before they are implicated in some other fabricated case,” the protesters appealed.

Previous Post

Leh-Jammu flight operations resume

Next Post

J&K HC sees govt circular on its six-months-old interim orders as being contemptuous

Majid Kapra

Majid Kapra

majidkapra@gmail.com

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
HC seeks J&K govt’s response on home quarantine of asymptomatic COVID-19 patients

J&K HC sees govt circular on its six-months-old interim orders as being contemptuous

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.