• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Pak minister owns Pulwama suicide attack

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 30, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
NSG, NIA teams join probe into Pulwama attack
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad: In a sensational admission, a senior Pakistani minister on Thursday admitted that Pakistan was responsible for the deadly Pulwama suicide attack in Jammu and Kashmir in 2019 that brought the two countries to the brink of a war.

“Humne Hindustan ko ghus ke maara (We hit India in their home). Our success in Pulwama, is a success of this nation under the leadership of Imran Khan. You and us are all part of that success,” Science & Technology Minister Fawad Chaudhry said in the National Assembly during a debate.

More News

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

Load More

Chaudhry, a close aide of Prime Minister Imran Khan, made the remarks a day after Opposition Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Ayaz Sadiq said that Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in an important meeting pleaded to release Indian Air Force Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, who was captured by the Pakistani Army on February 27, 2019 after his MiG-21 Bison jet was shot down in a dogfight with Pakistani jets.

Chaudhry, who was the Information and Broadcasting minister at the time of the Pulwama attack, criticised Sadiq’s remarks and termed them as “inappropriate”.

Earlier, a PML (N) leader had said that “Legs were shaking and forehead perspiring” at a meeting of Pakistan’s top leaders, including Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa, wherein Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi pleaded to release Indian Air Force Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, saying if he was not released, India would attack Pakistan, a top Pakistani opposition leader has said.

Recalling the tension in Islamabad after India bombed what it said was a militant training camp in Pakistan’s Balakot on February 26, 2019, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Sardar Ayaz Sadiq criticised the Imran Khan government over its response, saying the Opposition has supported the government on every issue, including Kashmir and Varthaman, but it will no longer be appropriate to provide any further support, ‘Dunya News’ reported on Wednesday.

Sadiq, who was the Speaker of the National Assembly during the PML-N government, made a similar statement earlier on Wednesday in Parliament here that Foreign Minister Qureshi in an important meeting pleaded that let Varthaman go back because India is attacking Pakistan.

In a speech in the National Assembly, Sadiq said that Prime Minister Imran Khan skipped the high-level meeting, which was attended by top leadership, including Army chief Gen Bajwa and Foreign Minister Qureshi.

“Legs were shaking and forehead perspiring, and the foreign minister (Qureshi) told us, ‘For God’s sake, let him (Varthaman) go back now because India is attacking Pakistan at 9 PM in the night'”, Sadiq said, recalling the meeting which was also attended by parliamentary leaders, including those from Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and PML-N, and added that “India was not planning to attack…They just wanted to kneel before India and send back Abhinandan.”

He did not mention the date of the meeting, but indicated that it was held before the release of Varthaman.

Later, in an apparent damage control act, Sadiq issued a clarification.

On Thursday, Sadiq in a video statement said that he was being “misquoted” regarding his statement in the National Assembly.

He said that he wanted to say that the decision to release Varthaman showed “a weakness of the civilian leadership”.

Commenting on Sadiq’s remarks, Pakistan Army spokesman Major General Babar Iftikhar said on Thursday that his statement was an attempt to “distort history”.

Pakistan “want to make it clear, for the purpose of correcting the history, that Pakistan first demonstrated its capability and resolve and the actions taken on Feb 27 were from the position of strength,” Maj Gen Iftikhar said while responding to queries at a press conference here.

He said that the statement by Sadiq had an impact on national security.

“We all have to act responsibly in times when enemies of Pakistan have imposed a hybrid war on the country…Pakistan’s armed forces are not only aware of the internal and external challenges, but also ready to face them,” he said.

Previous Post

Whole world knows Pakistan’s role in supporting terrorism: India

Next Post

Police detains PDP leaders protesting against new land laws

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday called for transforming the educational campuses to realise the vision of Developed India@2047....

Read moreDetails

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

NC only party taking BJP head on: CM Omar
February 18, 2026

Srinagar, Feb 17: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday alleged that a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament from...

Read moreDetails

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

New Criminal Laws will take effect from July 1: Union Law Minister Meghwal
February 18, 2026

Srinagar:  Union Minister for Law and Justice Arjun Meghwal on Tuesday said statehood to Jammu and Kashmir would be restored...

Read moreDetails

J&K records Rs 24,080.79 cr GST collection in three years, gets Rs 15,795.13 cr IGST share: CM

CM Abdullah introduces Jan Vishwas, anti-discrimination bills in J-K Assembly
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir recorded a steady rise in GST collections, with total revenue amounting to Rs 24,080.79 crore over...

Read moreDetails

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday underscored the vital role of the Tele-law initiative in expanding access to justice and...

Read moreDetails

J&K’s 24 PSUs loss-making, four non-functional: Assembly told

Baba Reshi–Gulmarg Road DPR prepared; govt reiterates commitment to robust road connectivity: Deputy CM
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Out of the 44 public sector undertakings in Jammu and Kashmir, 24 are making losses and four are non-functional,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Police detains PDP leaders protesting against new land laws

Police detains PDP leaders protesting against new land laws

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.