• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

Govt unlikely to extend credit guarantee scheme for MSME sector beyond Oct

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 19, 2020
in BUSINESS
A A
0
Finmin proposes to decriminalize host of minor offences under 19 legislations 
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The government is unlikely to extend the Rs 3 lakh crore-Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) for MSME sector beyond October even though the sanctioned amount so far is only nearly 65 per cent of the target, sources said.

The scheme is meant to provide financial support to businesses, primarily Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), impacted by slowdown triggered by the coronavirus pandemic.

More News

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

Petrol, diesel sales soar on weak monsoon rains, LPG demand shifts to piped gas

PM Modi inaugurates Bhogapuram Airport, says Andhra poised to become manufacturing hub

Load More

The sources said the objective is to provide support to all those affected and if there are no takers for the scheme, there is no need to extend the scheme even though there is some room left.

On August 1, the government widened the scope of the Rs 3 lakh crore-scheme by doubling the upper ceiling of loans outstanding and including certain loans given to professionals like doctors, lawyers and chartered accountants for business purposes under its ambit.

To ensure more companies can benefit from the scheme, it was decided to increase the upper ceiling of loans outstanding as on February 29 for being eligible under the scheme from Rs 25 crore to Rs 50 crore.

The maximum amount of Guaranteed Emergency Credit Line (GECL) funding under the scheme was correspondingly increased from Rs 5 crore to Rs 10 crore.

Announced as part of the government’s Rs 20.97 lakh crore-economic package in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, the scheme was later tweaked to be made applicable for companies with an annual turnover of Rs 250 crore as against the earlier threshold of Rs 100 crore.

Banks and Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) have approved loans worth about Rs 1,87,579 lakh crore while disbursement stood at Rs 1,36,140 crore as on October 5.

On May 20, the Cabinet approved additional funding of up to Rs 3 lakh crore at a concessional rate of 9.25 per cent through ECLGS for MSME sector.

Under the scheme, 100 per cent guarantee coverage will be provided by the National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company (NCGTC) for additional funding of up to Rs 3 lakh crore to eligible MSMEs and interested Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (MUDRA) borrowers in the form of GECL facility.

The scheme will be applicable to all loans sanctioned under GECL facility during the period from the date of announcement of the scheme to October 31 or till the amount of Rs 3 lakh crore is sanctioned under GECL, whichever is earlier.

Previous Post

Car bombing in western Afghanistan kills 13, wounds 120

Next Post

Higher NPAs hinder monetary policy transmission: RBI paper

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

India top recipient of Commonwealth FDI: Report
August 2, 2026

  New Delhi:  India approved just one Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 crore, while clearing 13 applications from Hong Kong...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel sales soar on weak monsoon rains, LPG demand shifts to piped gas

Petrol price hit highest level under BJP govt, diesel at record high
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel sales by India's three state-run fuel retailers rose sharply in July as below-normal monsoon rainfall...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi inaugurates Bhogapuram Airport, says Andhra poised to become manufacturing hub

Nation responds to PM’s call for fuel conservation
August 1, 2026

Visakhapatnam: Highlighting the development potential of Andhra Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said global companies are exploring opportunities...

Read moreDetails

Commercial LPG prices cut by Rs 192, ATF rates up Rs 5/litre

Niti Aayog working on proposal ‘to replace LPG subsidy with cooking subsidy’
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The prices of commercial LPG -- used in establishments such as hotels and restaurants -- were on Saturday...

Read moreDetails

Gross GST mop-up grows 15.4% to over Rs 2.11 lakh cr in July on higher imports, sales

August 1, 2026

New Delhi: Gross GST collections grew 15.4 per cent to over Rs 2.11 lakh crore in July on higher mop-up...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves extension of PM-KISAN scheme till FY’31 with outlay of Rs 3.15 lakh crore

Cabinet nod to expand infra, academic capacity of five IITs
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The government on Friday extended the PM-KISAN scheme for the next five years till 2030-31 with a total...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Higher NPAs hinder monetary policy transmission: RBI paper

Higher NPAs hinder monetary policy transmission: RBI paper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.