GMC Baramulla’s hospital block damaged in fire
Baramulla: Fire broke out at Associate Hospital Government Medical College (GMC) Baramulla on Monday afternoon in which a block of the hospital was damaged.
“The patients and their attendants were seen running for their safety but as soon as the fire alarm was raised, the local fire extinguishing grid was pressed in to control the fire. The vehicles of the Fire department reached the spot and the fire was brought under control,” witnesses said.
“It was only due to the timely intervention of the Fire department and staff hospital that the fire was controlled from spreading further,” an official said.
Chief Medical Officer GMC Baramulla, Dr. Syed Masood, said that fire was caused due to electric short-circuit.