Images News Netwok

Police solves mysterious explosion case in Rajouri village

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Man arrested for preparing explosive material, triggering explosion

Rajouri: The Jammu and Kashmir police on Sunday claimed to have solved the case of a mysterious explosion that took place in Maira Chowkian village of Rajouri district last week in which a few vehicles were damaged.

A police official told KNO that they have arrested a man who was found to be involved in triggering the explosion in the area last week.

Senior superintendent of police Rajouri, Chandan Kohli, in a statement said that on the intervening night of 5th and 6th September an explosion took place in front of the house of Susheel Kumar son of Som Raj and three cars and a scotty were damaged in the blast.

“Soon after the explosion, the forensic team of police visited the spot and all the required samples were collected whereas explosion site was closely examined and a team of police headed by DySP headquarter, Surinder Khadyar and SHO Rajouri Sameer Jillani under the supervision of Liaqat Ali ASP Rajouri started investigation and examination of all the evidences collected,” the SSP said.

He said that a case FIR No 460/20 U/Ss 7/27 IPC, 4/5 Explosive Substance Act was registered at police station Rajouri.

SSP said that during the course of investigation, a few suspects from the area were detained for questioning during which a police investigation team zeroed in over one Abdul Khaliq son of Ahmed Din resident of Maira Nagrota who is a plumber by profession and lives in the same locality where explosion took place.

“When his house was raided police were able to recover some evidence such as explosive material, detonator, ball bearings etc which were the same as used in the explosion,” police said.

SSP said that the said person broke down during questioning and disclosed before police that he himself prepared the explosive material and later planted it in the parking area of the house where the explosion took place.

He further said that some monetary issue and some pending payments was the reason for the incident and the accused in a fit of rage over this issue planned to carry out this explosion.

“We are further investigating the case but there is no militant related involvement in it,” the SSP said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *