• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Centre orders withdrawal of 10,000 paramilitary troops from J&K

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
August 20, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Centre orders withdrawal of 10,000 paramilitary troops from J&K
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: The Centre has ordered “immediate” withdrawal of about 10,000 paramilitary forces personnel from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Wednesday.

They said the decision was taken after the Ministry of Home Affairs reviewed the deployment of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) in the union territory (UT).

More News

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Load More

A senior official said that a total of 100 CAPF companies have been ordered to be withdrawn “immediately” and revert to their base locations in the country from where they were mobilised to the UT in the wake of the abrogation of Article 370 last year.

As per the directions, a total of 40 companies of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and 20 each of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), the Border Security Force (BSF) and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), will be taken out of Jammu and Kashmir by this week.

A CAPF company has an operational strength of about 100 personnel.

The Home ministry had last withdrawn about 10 CAPF companies from the UT in May.

The CRPF has been asked to make arrangements for air lifting of these units to Delhi and other locations, officials said.

“The units that are being withdrawn are deployed both in Jammu and Srinagar. It was felt that the counter-insurgency and counter-terrorist grid is intact in the UT and these additional units that were sent in last year can be de-inducted giving them the much required rest, recuperation and training,” a senior CAPF officer said.

Also, he said, with the winters soon setting in, it would have been an onerous task to keep these units in make-shift and temporary dwelling units especially in the Kashmir Valley region.

With the latest de-induction, the CRPF will have a strength of about 60 battalions (about 1,000 personnel in each battalion) in the Kashmir Valley apart from very few units of other CAPFs.

Previous Post

Covid-19: Tally of infected people crosses 30, 000 mark

Next Post

8 persons injured, 2 of them critically, in Poonch accident

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday flagged low conviction rates under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and said that...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday reviewed the ongoing construction works and pilgrim facilities at Shri Amarnath Shrine Board...

Read moreDetails

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The father of jailed Baramulla MP Sheikh Abdul Rashid, also known as Engineer Rashid, died at a hospital in...

Read moreDetails

CM expresses grief over demise of father of MP, MLA Khursheed Ahmad

CM assures priority redressal of public concerns
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the passing away of Khazir Mohammad Sheikh, father...

Read moreDetails

Person cannot be declared “history-sheeter”, placed under surveillance ‘mechanically’ HC

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh has ruled that a person cannot be declared a “history-sheeter”...

Read moreDetails

Have urged chief justices of all HCs to conduct virtual hearings: CJI

‘Imaandari’ not mere ornament to character, it sustains justice and reputation: CJI
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: Chief Justice of India Surya Kant said on Monday that he had requested the chief justices of all...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
One killed, three injured in road accident in Ramban

8 persons injured, 2 of them critically, in Poonch accident

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.