• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, November 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Explore possibility of restoring 4G internet service in certain areas: SC to J-K

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
August 7, 2020
in Latest News
A A
0
SC asks Centre, Delhi govt not to make sealing a ‘political’ issue
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday asked the Jammu and Kashmir administration to explore the possibility of restoring 4G services in certain areas.

The Jammu and Kashmir administration sought time to take instructions on the restoration of high speed internet service, saying a new Lt Governor has been appointed in the Union Territory.

More News

India’s GDP Growth Strengthens at 8.2%, Economic Outlook Remains Robust

Deliberate conspiracy to undermine elected Govt: CM Omar on Demolition Drives

NC working committee meeting resumes in Srinagar, party likely to pass resolutions

Load More

Manoj Sinha has been appointed the new LG of Jammu and Kashmir after G C Murmu resigned from the post.

High speed Internet service in J-K has been suspended since August last year when the Centre had announced revocation of its special status and bifurcation of the state into two UTs — Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir.

The top court told the administration that with the change of LG, nothing changes as the special committee is there to look into the issue.

A bench of Justices N V Ramana, R Subhash Reddy and B R Gavai adjourned the hearing for August 11, on the contempt plea filed by an NGO seeking restoration of 4G internet service in the UT.

The apex court was hearing a plea of the NGO seeking initiation of contempt proceedings against the Union Home Secretary and Chief Secretary of J-K for their alleged “wilful disobedience” in complying with the court”s May 11 order.

At the outset, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the J-K administration told the bench that he needs to take instructions as the LG has changed there and new LG has taken over yesterday.

The bench said that with the change of LG, nothing changes as the high powered committee is there to look into the issue.

It said that the court cannot say what the situation is on the ground level but the issue is that the matter should not be delayed.

The bench asked Mehta to take instructions on whether 4G services can be restored in certain areas.

Mehta said that there is no intention to delay the issue as the top court’s order has been complied with in letter and spirit and he would take instructions.

The bench told Mehta that he has to explain as under what circumstances the LG had reportedly said that the 4G internet service can be restored and what was the basis of that statement by the LG.

Senior advocate Huzefa Ahmadi, appearing for the petitioner NGO raised the issue of time sought by the respondents repeatedly in the matter.

The bench told Ahmadi that he must also be aware about the changes and asked him to wait for two more days.

It said that strictly speaking, the matter can be disposed of but the court needs to see under what circumstances that statement was reportedly made (by the LG).

The bench told Mehta that there is no question of further adjournment and he should take instructions on the issue.

Mehta said earlier they had filed response to the petition and then there was some subsequent interview given by the LG.

On July 28, the Centre and the J-K administration had told the top court that it will verify reported statements made by the Lt Governor of Jammu and Kashmir and BJP leader Ram Madhav that 4G Internet service can be restored in the Union Territory, and sought time to file a reply to the rejoinder affidavit filed by an NGO.

A contempt plea has been filed by an NGO Foundation for Media Professionals seeking action against authorities for not complying with the apex court’s direction on restoration of 4G internet services.

Previous Post

Cross LoC shelling rattle Boniyar Uri

Next Post

Manoj Sinha takes oath as new LG of Jammu and Kashmir

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India’s GDP Growth Strengthens at 8.2%, Economic Outlook Remains Robust

GDP growth slows to 2-year low of 5.4% in Q2 on poor show by manufacturing, weak consumption
by KI News
November 28, 2025

New Delhi: India’s economy continues to show strong momentum, with real GDP growth estimated at 8.2% in Q2 of FY...

Read moreDetails

Deliberate conspiracy to undermine elected Govt: CM Omar on Demolition Drives

NC only party taking BJP head on: CM Omar
by KI News
November 28, 2025

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday said that recent demolition drives have been carried out without the knowledge or...

Read moreDetails

NC working committee meeting resumes in Srinagar, party likely to pass resolutions

NC holds working committee meet sans Srinagar MP Rahullah Mehdi
by Press Trust of india
November 28, 2025

Srinagar: The meeting of the ruling National Conference's (NC) powerful working committee resumed here on Friday, with the party expected...

Read moreDetails

Crime Branch Kashmir files chargesheet in land scam, Patwari and accomplice sent to custody

CBK’s special crime wing carries out searches at 5 locations in Sgr, Budgam
by KI News
November 28, 2025

Srinagar: The Economic Offences Wing of Crime Branch Kashmir on Friday said it has filed a chargesheet against two individuals...

Read moreDetails

Kashmir continues to reel under intense cold; Srinagar records –4.5°C

Srinagar records season’s coldest night
by KI News
November 28, 2025

Srinagar: Large parts of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh witnessed a significant dip in night temperatures as the region remained...

Read moreDetails

Three JKAS officers reshuffled; Qamar Sajad to head Tourism Kashmir

Three JKAS officers reshuffled; Qamar Sajad to head Tourism Kashmir
by KI News
November 28, 2025

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Thursday ordered a minor reshuffle in the civil services, assigning three officers to...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Manoj Sinha takes oath as new LG of Jammu and Kashmir

Manoj Sinha takes oath as new LG of Jammu and Kashmir

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.