Reyaz Rashid

Doctors save child by removing earring stuck in his throat

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Baramulla: Life of three month old baby was saved after a foreign body (earring), swallowed by the infant, was removed by timely intervention by Associate Professor ENT at Associate Hospital in GMC Baramulla  on Tuesday.

A three month old baby from Watergam Rafiabad was brought to hospital with choking throat as he had swallowed an earring and it was a medical emergency that needed immediate attention, said the Associate Professor ENT Dr. Shafakat Ahmad “We managed the child after a bronchoscopy was performed and the foreign body [earring] was removed. No surgery or tracheostomy was thus required for this life saving emergency procedure. The child is breathing on her own and consuming food as well,” added Dr. Shafkat.

“We didn’t refer the child to Srinagar hospital given her condition as he would have died on way,” he added.

The family members have hailed the efforts of the doctor and other pandemics for saving the life of their precious baby.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *