• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

COVID-19: China sees over 100 cases for 1st time in over 3 months amidst fear of second wave

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 29, 2020
in Latest News
A A
0
Chinese doctor alleges COVID-19 cover-up; says Wuhan market was ‘clean already’
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Beijing: China’s COVID-19 cases in a single day have crossed the 100-mark for the first time in over three months, sparking the fear of a rebound after Beijing contained it in Wuhan where the contagion first emerged in December last year.

The National Health Commission on Wednesday said that 101 new confirmed coronavirus cases including 98 locally-transmitted and three imported ones were reported in the country on Tuesday.

More News

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Load More

Eighty-nine of the 98 locally-transmitted cases were reported in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, eight in Liaoning province and one in Beijing Municipality, the commission said in its daily report.

No deaths related to the disease or new suspected COVID-19 cases were reported Tuesday.

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region reported 89 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, the regional health commission said.

The 89 patients were all in the regional capital Urumqi, 43 of whom were previously asymptomatic cases, according to the commission.

The region also saw 15 new asymptomatic cases in Urumqi. By Tuesday, Xinjiang, which is Uygur Muslim majority province, had 322 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 133 asymptomatic cases, and 9,121 people were still under medical observation.

Mass testing was being carried out in Urumqi to determine the extent of the spread of the virus.

After a COVID-19 cluster linked to a seafood processing company was found in Dalian, northeast China”s Liaoning province last week, the city reported a total of 44 cases, state-run Global Times reported.

As of Tuesday, positive cases linked to Dalian have spread to nine cities, including one in Beijing, which is returning to normalcy after the Xinfadi wholesale market outbreak in June.

The patient in Beijing had dined with friends from Dalian, who were later confirmed to be infected with the virus in Jinzhou, Liaoning province.

The woman then drove a private vehicle to Beijing on July 19. Tiantongyuan community, where the patient lives, was sealed off on Tuesday.

Fuzhou, the capital of east China”s Fujian province, announced it was entering a “wartime mode” after the discovery of an asymptomatic COVID-19 patient from Dalian.

Although China still faces the threat of new outbreaks due to local community transmissions or from imported cases, the country”s capability to contain the COVID-19 has been honed, thanks to its experience in battling the virus for months, Zeng Guang, chief epidemiologist for the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, said.

He said that while more outbreaks are likely, they will not get out of control.

Zeng said that infection numbers in new virus clusters, such as Dalian and Urumqi, have been increasing quickly since July, and this curve echoes the trend in the world, where infections are also rising.

This proves that outbreaks in other countries continue to affect China as it gradually opens the borders, he said.

The NHC said as of Tuesday, the overall confirmed COVID-19 cases in Chinese mainland has reached 84,060, including 482 patients who were still being treated, with 25 in severe condition.

Altogether 78,944 people had been discharged after recovery and 4,634 died of the disease on the mainland, the commission added.

Previous Post

India’s COVID-19 tally crosses 15-lakh mark

Next Post

Umar Akmal’s ban halved to 18 months, says will appeal for more reprieve

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case
May 18, 2026

Srinagar:: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch J&K has filed a chargesheet against a former In-charge Superintendent Engineer...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail to Baramulla MP Er Rashid to enable him to attend...

Read moreDetails

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The rupee opened on a weak note and slumped to an all-time low of 96.25 in early trade on...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel
May 18, 2026

R S Pura/Jammu:  Traditional horse-driven tongas, once a common mode of transport in the border areas of Jammu, are seeing...

Read moreDetails

3 drug peddlers held

May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Police have arrested three drug peddlers in Awantipora and Anantnag and recovered contraband substances from their possession. A police...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Akmal not to appeal against corruption charges

Umar Akmal's ban halved to 18 months, says will appeal for more reprieve

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.