• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Mahant Deependra Giri supports decision to cancel Amarnath Yatra

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
July 23, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Mahant Deependra Giri supports decision to cancel Amarnath Yatra
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Mahant Deependra Giri, the custodian of the holy mace of Lord Shiva, on Wednesday supported the decision of the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) to cancel this year’s pilgrimage to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.

“The annual Yatra has been prematurely ended in the past due to various reasons but it is for the first time that the pilgrimage has been cancelled at the outset. Given the situation arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was the right decision,” Giri said in a video message here.

More News

Modi Govt brought back 274 fugitives from 36 countries between 2019 and 2026: MHA

J&K joins league of fully literate states under ULLAS scheme: LG Sinha

Ahead of August 5, PDP stages candle light protest

Load More

Giri, who is the custodian of the ‘Charri Mubarak’, carries the holy mace from its abode at Akhara building in Lal Chowk here to the holy cave in south Kashmir Himalayas in the last week of the Yatra and then back to its resting place after performing the rituals at various places in either side of the journey.

He said the decision could be taken only due to “Lord Shiva’s wish”.

“The devotees should benefit from the live telecast of the morning and evening Aarti on Doordarshan. When things will improve next year, we shall have even more numbers than earlier performing the yatra,” Giri added.

The SASB on Tuesday had decided to cancel this year’s pilgrimage to the 3,880-metre-high cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas in the wake of the closure of religious places in Jammu and Kashmir due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The decision to cancel the annual Amarnath Yatra was taken at a meeting of the shrine board chaired its chairman Lieutenant Governor G C Murmu here.

Previous Post

SKIMS installs machine for conducting plasmapheresis for COVID-19 patients

Next Post

After 11 years, court convicts bus conductor for killing passenger in Sopore

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Modi Govt brought back 274 fugitives from 36 countries between 2019 and 2026: MHA

MHA approves forensic institute in J&K after AIIMS proposal
August 5, 2026

New Delhi: The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Tuesday said that 274 fugitive criminals were brought back to India...

Read moreDetails

J&K joins league of fully literate states under ULLAS scheme: LG Sinha

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG
August 5, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday said Jammu and Kashmir has joined the league of fully literate states and...

Read moreDetails

Ahead of August 5, PDP stages candle light protest

Ahead of August 5, PDP stages candle light protest
August 5, 2026

Srinagar: Ahead of August 5, the 7th anniversary of Articles 370 and 35 A abrogation, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held...

Read moreDetails

Article 370 abrogation ensured equality, justice, one Constitution in J&K: BJP

Article 370 abrogation ensured equality, justice, one Constitution in J&K: BJP
August 5, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir unit of the BJP on Tuesday said the abrogation of Article 370 by the Centre on...

Read moreDetails

2026-27 Budget announcements: CM stresses timely delivery, tangible outcomes

2026-27 Budget announcements: CM stresses timely delivery, tangible outcomes
August 5, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today chaired a review meeting at the Civil Secretariat to assess the progress on the...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet clears Gulmarg hotel outsourcing, IT park, land transfers, JKAS promotions

GoI transfers Hotel Gulmarg Ashok to J&K govt
August 5, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu & Kashmir Cabinet on Tuesday cleared several major proposals aimed at boosting tourism and infrastructure in the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
COVID-19: Summer vacation of HC, District & Subordinate Courts cancelled

After 11 years, court convicts bus conductor for killing passenger in Sopore

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.