• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

At least 20 Army personnel killed in Ladakh face-off

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 16, 2020
in Latest News
A A
0
At least 20 Army personnel killed in Ladakh face-off
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: A total of 20 Indian Army personnel were killed during a violent clash with Chinese troops in eastern Ladakh’s Galwan Valley on Monday night, escalating the already volatile border standoff between the two sides, an army statement said Tuesday.

Initially, the army said one officer and two soldiers were killed. Later in the night, an army statement said 17 more soldiers who “were were critically injured in the line of duty at the stand off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries, taking the total that were killed in action to 20.”

More News

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Load More

“Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15/16 June 2020,” it said, adding that the “Indian Army is firmly committed to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation.

Multiple sources in government and military establishments told PTI that the fierce clashes continued for several hours.

The sources said the Chinese side also suffered “proportionate casualties” but chose not to speculate on the numbers.

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi about last night’s clash as well the overall situation in eastern Ladakh after he held a high-level meeting with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat and the three service chiefs.

According to a senior military officer, it is the first incident involving the casualty of an Indian soldier in a violent clash with the Chinese Army after 1975 when four Indian soldiers were killed in an ambush at Tulung La in Arunachal Pradesh.

Military sources said the two armies held major general-level talks at the site of the clash.

“During the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place on Monday night with casualties. The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers,” the Army said in a brief statement.

“Senior military officials of the two sides are currently meeting at the venue to defuse the situation,” it said.

Previous Post

Covid-19: JK reports 78 new positive cases, 2781 recoveries

Next Post

  Student feedback must for development of assessment model

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case
May 18, 2026

Srinagar:: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch J&K has filed a chargesheet against a former In-charge Superintendent Engineer...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail to Baramulla MP Er Rashid to enable him to attend...

Read moreDetails

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The rupee opened on a weak note and slumped to an all-time low of 96.25 in early trade on...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel
May 18, 2026

R S Pura/Jammu:  Traditional horse-driven tongas, once a common mode of transport in the border areas of Jammu, are seeing...

Read moreDetails

3 drug peddlers held

May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Police have arrested three drug peddlers in Awantipora and Anantnag and recovered contraband substances from their possession. A police...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Lessons from Iraq

  Student feedback must for development of assessment model

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.