Reyaz Rashid

Goat dies, woman sustain injures due to electric shock in Uri

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Uri: A goat was electrocuted to death and its owner a woman sustained critical injuries when they came in contact with a fallen live low-tension (LT) electric line dangling on decaying poles in Jabla Uri in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Sunday.

Locals said that 30-year-old Nasreena Begum wife of Sabir Ahmad resident of Jabla village received severe electric shock and the goat she was grazing died on spot when they came in contact with a live wire fallen from electric poles.

The injured woman was rushed to Sub-District Hospital Uri in critical condition and panic gripped with area with people alleging department of PDD for negligence.

While confirming this incident Block Medical Officer Uri Dr. Mohammad Ramzan said the woman is undergoing treatmen in SDH Uri and her condition is stated to be stable.

People of the area protested against PDD department for alleged negligence and demanded compensation to the victim who lost her goat and sustained injuries due to electric shock.

Meanwhile concerned police has taken cognizance of this incident


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *