• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

350 Shramik Special trains run so far, around 3.6 lakh migrants ferried: Railways

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 10, 2020
in Latest News, NATION
A A
0
Railways crosses 3 million mark in distribution of free meals during lockdown
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Indian Railways has operated 350 Shramik Special trains since May 1 and ferried home more than 3.6 lakh migrants stranded in various parts of the country amid the coronavirus-induced lockdown, officials said.

While 263 trains have already reached their destinations, 87 are still on the run. Forty-six more trains are in the pipeline, it said.

More News

Samba hottest in J&K as mercury soars to 45.7 deg C, unrelenting heatwave grips Jammu region

Labour Commissioner issues heat wave advisory for worker safety

Drug peddler’s illegal property demolished in Srinagar

Load More

Every Shramik Special train has 24 coaches, each with a capacity of 72 seats.

However, only 54 people are allowed in a coach to maintain social distancing norms and the middle berth is not allotted to any passenger.

While the railways has not yet announced the cost incurred on the special services, officials indicate the national transporter has spent around Rs 80 lakh per service.

The government had earlier stated that the cost of the services has been shared on a 85:15 ratio with states.

Since the Shramik Special train service started, Gujarat has remained one of the top originating stations followed by Kerala.

Among the receiving states, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh remain the top states. Earlier, the railways drew flak from opposition parties for charging for these services.

In its guidelines, the railways have said the trains will ply only if they have 90 per cent occupancy and the “states should collect the ticket fare”.

Previous Post

13 new positive cases reported Saturday; tally reaches 836

Next Post

Lockdown: Air India flight brings home 239 Indians from UK

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Samba hottest in J&K as mercury soars to 45.7 deg C, unrelenting heatwave grips Jammu region

Samba hottest in J&K as mercury soars to 45.7 deg C, unrelenting heatwave grips Jammu region
May 21, 2026

Jammu:  Heatwave conditions prevailed in Jammu region as several areas witnessed unusually high temperatures on Wednesday, with Samba emerging the...

Read moreDetails

Labour Commissioner issues heat wave advisory for worker safety

Jammu records hottest day, night temperatures
May 21, 2026

Jammu: The Labour Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir has issued a detailed advisory for the protection of workers and labourers...

Read moreDetails

Drug peddler’s illegal property demolished in Srinagar

Three OGWs held in Pulwama: Police
May 21, 2026

Srinagar: An illegal property, worth Rs 1.5 crore, allegedly linked to a wanted drug peddler, was demolished in Srinagar on...

Read moreDetails

Ensure Aadhaar is used strictly as identity proof: Plea in SC

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Alleging that Aadhaar is being used as a proof of citizenship, domicile, and residential address, a PIL has...

Read moreDetails

India and Italy agree to elevate ties to special strategic partnership

India and Italy agree to elevate ties to special strategic partnership
May 20, 2026

Rome:  India and Italy on Tuesday decided to elevate their ties to special strategic partnership and enhance cooperation in areas...

Read moreDetails

NEET paper leak: Court sends 5 accused to judicial custody, extends CBI custody of Khairnar

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Wednesday sent five accused in the NEET paper leak case to judicial custody till...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Air India flight returns to Delhi soon after take-off

Lockdown: Air India flight brings home 239 Indians from UK

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.