Individual responsibility of Muslims
The search for justice is one of the continuing quests of humankind. It is the quest that is prescribed by the Qur’an for every Muslim. Social and individual justice are evolving concepts which depend largely upon a variety of external considerations. Above all, Islam seeks to inculcate within every Muslim the need to seek justice and to apply it to himself as well as to others. Because Muslims believe that Almighty God is the beginning and the end of everything, all is preordained by Qadar (divine will). Qadar does not imply inaction, but, rather, acceptance. It requires the strength to change what can be changed and the fortitude to accept what cannot.
– Individual responsibility is a cornerstone of Islam. Every Muslim is accountable to his Creator for what he himself does or fails to do – as well as for others for whom he may be accountable – and for things that he has control over and also for its exercise in the framework of Islamic morality. But the relativity of human justice is not to be confused with the absoluteness of divine justice whose application every Muslim expects without fail on judgment day.
– The Prophet Mohammad said: “Serve God, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- To parents, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers; the companion by your side, the way-farer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For God love not the arrogant, the vainglorious” (Quran 4:36). The Prophet also said: “Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended” and “None of you (truly) believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.” These quotations are aptly suitable for the Muslims in India, especially in the present scenario, not only for their upliftment but also for the development of the nation.
– The nature always maintains the balance among all living beings, as the Almighty does it by instilling feeling of harmony and compassion among all his creations, more importantly human being, the most advanced/vibe species. As social beings, the human race seeks harmonious relationship with all those around him. However, in sustaining this harmony, the challenge lies in his ability to handle supremacist ego, anger and hatred, manifested in violence which requires to be resolved through meditation/volition while establishing a connect with the Almighty. It is to be mentioned that all these works were revealed to Prophet during his conscientious divine aura with the Almighty. But, problems arise when people become credulous as well as disagree to others’ reasoning which leads to hatred and violence. To defeat such nuances, it requires an inner light and sound from within as well as positive interaction with the outer world. By embracing oneness of God/Tauheed and by establishing connect with all of creations, the human being undergoes a profound transformation of imbibing love and compassion that manifest in mutualism/commonality. As one goes into volition, he or she experiences states of calm, peace and joy. This feeling of tranquility remains with him for a prolonged period on an even keel. The feeling of this connect with Almighty could bring out a remarkable difference in one’s own personality. Like inner volition/meditation, Sufis practice whirling dance to establish connect with Allah which in course instill pure ecstasy/bliss in the practitioner, in fact, once such volition is practiced, the world will be a peaceful ‘El-dorado’ where everybody would live in harmony and eternal happiness.
– While moving towards success and prosperity, it is essential to intensify the efforts for protecting and preserving the true Islamic values and the core identity as Muslims through acting upon the teachings of Islam. It is the task of men, women and youths, as members of the community of the Promised Messiah (peace be upon him), to utilize modern-day technologies to counter the influence of irreligious and immoral forces as well as to uphold the true religious values including peaceful messages of Islam in the contemporary world.
– There are some harmful things like hatred, violence, vandalism, cruelty, fake propaganda, etc. that are spread in the society by vested interests in the name of ‘freedom of choice’ or ‘progress’ but that take mankind away from its creator declaring it as obscene.
– Every person, whether born here or whether they are immigrants, should strive to integrate and fulfil their duties as a member of society and be a loyal citizen of the nation. The faith requires Muslims to utilize their skills and capabilities for the benefit of the nation in which they live and to work towards its progress and development.