• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

People will be allowed through 19 of 37 land immigration checkposts: Govt

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 14, 2020
in NATION
A A
0
Coronavirus: Govt asks CAPFs to prepare over 5,400-bedded quarantine facilities pan-India
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The government on Friday announced that people will be allowed to travel through 19 of 37 land immigration checkposts from Saturday midnight and services of Indo-Bangladesh cross border passenger trains and buses will continue to remain suspended till April 15.

Only four Indo-Nepal border checkposts will remain operational, and for citizens of Bhutan and Nepal visa-free entry to the country will continue, Home Ministry Additional Secretary Anil Malik said, while listing out the measures taken by India to contain spread of the coronavirus.

Related posts

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370

SC questions Guv’s delay in assenting to Bills, says term ‘as soon as  possible’ will serve no purpose

August 28, 2025
Tampering with smart meters: Govt mulls to lodge FIR against 272 consumers in Sgr

BJP files FIR over ‘abuses’ hurled at PM’s late mother during Rahul’s Bihar yatra

August 28, 2025

Out of the total 37 land border check posts, only 19 will be open for international traffic, Malik said, adding the decision on closing the Kartarpur corridor is under consideration.

“As of now, the status quo remains,” he said.

Also the government has decided to continue suspension of Indo-Bangladesh cross border passenger trains and buses till April 15, or earlier, if so decided, Malik said.

The number of novel coronavirus cases in the country rose 81, which includes the death of a 76-year-old man in Karnataka from Kalaburagi who had recently returned from Saudi Arabia.

The figure also include 16 Italians and one Canadian. It also includes three patients from Kerala who were discharged last month following recovery.

Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Health Lav Aggarwal said that in the view of huge traffic movement across land borders, screening facilities are being strengthened and thermal screening is also likely to be put in place soon.

“Limiting traffic movement to certain designated check posts will help us in better monitoring. Lakhs of passengers from across the land borders, especially in the five states bordering Nepal have been screened so far,” he said.

 

“Continuous review and monitoring of the situation at the highest political and administrative levels perpetuated decisive preventive and pre-emptive actions in public interest such as travel restrictions, suspension of visas and self-quarantine measures,” the official said.

Previous Post

COVID-19: BCCI suspends IPL till April 15; shorter, closed-door affair with double-headers

Next Post

Pak shells forward areas in Poonch: Army

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
India, Pak troops trade fire along LoC in Poonch

Pak shells forward areas in Poonch: Army

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.