• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

COVID-19: BCCI suspends IPL till April 15; shorter, closed-door affair with double-headers

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 14, 2020
in SPORTS
A A
0
SC refuses urgent hearing on plea to postpone IPL-2020 amid coronavirus scare
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  The under-pressure BCCI on Friday suspended the start of this year’s IPL from March 29 to April 15 in wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused massive upheaval across the globe.

“The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to suspend IPL 2020 till 15th April 2020, as a precautionary measure against the ongoing Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) situation,” BCCI secretary Jay Shah said in a statement.

More News

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

Load More

This came hours after Delhi government suspended all sporting activity in the national capital due to the ever-growing health crisis. Delhi is home to the Delhi Capitals IPL franchise.

The BCCI statement made it clear that it’s “suspension” and “not postponement” which means that there is no clarity on whether the event will start on April 15.

Even if it starts on April 15, it is expected to happen behind closed doors without the fans.

So far, India has recorded more than 70 positive cases and one death due to the pandemic which has claimed close to 5,000 lives globally.

The BCCI will discuss all the modalities of this year’s edition at the IPL Governing Council meeting in Mumbai on Saturday.

“The BCCI is concerned and sensitive about all its stakeholders, and public health in general, and it is taking all necessary steps to ensure that, all people related to IPL including fans have a safe cricketing experience,” Shah stated.

“The BCCI will work closely with the Government of India along with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and all other relevant Central and State Government departments in this regard,” he added.

There is a possibility that the tournament will feature more double-headers than previously planned and at least five optional venues are being kept ready after state governments of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Delhi refused permission for the games.

“The only option left was postponement of the tournament till the visa ban is lifted (April 15). All the franchises have made it clear that there is no point of an IPL without foreign recruits,” a senior BCCI official told PTI on conditions of anonymity.

Previous Post

Div Com discusses Mutton rates

Next Post

People will be allowed through 19 of 37 land immigration checkposts: Govt

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday congratulated young Rajouri boxer Mohammad Yasser for winning a gold medal at the...

Read moreDetails

National Pencak Silat course begins in Srinagar

May 17, 2026

Srinagar: A National Referee and Jury Course organised by the Indian Pencak Silat Federation commenced on Saturday at the Sher-i-Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Sports Council expands KCFL trials across Kashmir

May 17, 2026

Srinagar, May 16: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Saturday continued its district-wide football talent hunt across the Valley...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Coronavirus: Govt asks CAPFs to prepare over 5,400-bedded quarantine facilities pan-India

People will be allowed through 19 of 37 land immigration checkposts: Govt

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.