• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

India’s approach to combat terrorism has changed: Rajnath

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 27, 2020
in Latest News, TOP NEWS
A A
0
State-sponsored terrorism testing India’s patience: Rajnath Singh
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Feb 26: India’s approach to combat terrorism has undergone a major change as the armed forces now do not hesitate to carry out cross-border operation to protect the country from terror attacks, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on the first anniversary of the Balakot air strike on Wednesday.

India claims a fleet of Indian Air Force aircraft bombed a militant training camp in Balakot inside Pakistan on February 26 last year to avenge the killing of 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel in the Pulwama suicide attack on February 14.

More News

Traffic suspended on Jmu-Sgr highway after fresh landslide near Dawal Bridge

Rain, thunderstorms likely across J&K over next 12 hours

Cabinet memo ready for compassionate jobs to relatives of deceased Anganwadi staff: Sakina Itoo

Load More

“India today celebrates the first anniversary of Balakote airstrikes. It was a successful counter terror operation launched by the fearless @IAF_MCC air warriors,” Singh tweeted.

He said the Modi government has adopted a new approach to combat terror reflecting a strong resolve to even carry out cross border strikes to protect India from the scourge of terrorism.

“The surgical strikes of 2016 and Balakot air strikes of 2019 are testimony to this change. This is certainly a new and confident India in making,” Singh said in a series of tweets.

On September 29, 2016, the Army claimed it carried out “surgical strikes” on a number of militant launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir in retaliation to an attack on its base in Uri that month.

“The strike by India’s warplanes on a Jaish-e-Mohammad training camp in Pakistan” on February 26 and the Pakistani Air Force’s subsequent retaliation the next day triggered fears of a war between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.

The most visible face of the confrontation was Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman whose capture by Pakistan after downing his MiG-21 fighter triggered the most serious military crisis between the two neighbours in decades.

But diplomatic outreach by major powers led to his release after two days, averting further escalation of the conflict.

In his tweets, Singh also thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for bringing a change in India’s approach in dealing with terrorism.

“I salute the @IAF_MCC for its unmatched bravery and courage exhibited during Balakote air strikes. Our government led by PM Shri @narendramodi has adopted a different approach from earlier governments. Now we do not hesitate to cross the border to protect India against terrorism,” said Singh.

Previous Post

JK Cong asks Centre, UT admin to change ‘hostile approach’ towards opposition

Next Post

Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over ‘ceasefire violations’

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Traffic suspended on Jmu-Sgr highway after fresh landslide near Dawal Bridge

Jammu-Srinagar highway remains blocked for 2nd day amid heavy rain
August 3, 2026

Jammu: Traffic on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway (NH-44) was suspended from both ends on Monday evening following heavy rainfall and...

Read moreDetails

Rain, thunderstorms likely across J&K over next 12 hours

Fresh snowfall in higher reaches of Kashmir, rains in Srinagar
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: Rain and thundershowers are likely to affect many parts of Jammu and Kashmir over the next 12 hours, with...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet memo ready for compassionate jobs to relatives of deceased Anganwadi staff: Sakina Itoo

Women stepping into once inaccessible roles: Sakeena Itoo
August 3, 2026

Baramulla: Minister Sakina Itoo on Monday said the government has prepared a cabinet memorandum to provide compassionate appointments to the...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC seeks NIA stand on appeals by Aasiya Andrabi, 2 others against conviction in UAPA case

PIL in Delhi HC to see feasibility of holding Lok Sabha, assembly elections together
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday sought the stand of the NIA on appeals by hardline separatist Aasiya...

Read moreDetails

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: India's greatest strength lies in its young population, with nearly 65 percent of the population below the age of...

Read moreDetails

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 3, 2026

Anantnag: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday demanded that the identity of the killers of two migrant labourers in...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Pak urges all stakeholders to demonstrate peace, tolerance as US-Iran tension escalates

Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over 'ceasefire violations'

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.