Reyaz Rashid

Cooking gas cylinder blast triggers fire, four structures gutted in Kamalkote

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Baramulla: Two residential houses and two cowsheds were gutted completely and property worth lakhs of rupees was reduced to ashes after LPG cooking gas cylinder blasted in Bandi Sarai Kamalkot village in north Kashmir’s Uri sector on Sunday evening.

The incident happened around 8.45 p.m. when a family member had lit the gas to prepare dinner and, probably due to leakage, the LPG cylinder exploded triggering fire.

The fire engulfed the residential houses of  Mohammad Rafiq Gangyal and Abdul Razak Gangyal  sons of Baag Ali Gangyal, a local Bashir Ahmad said.

The family members had narrow escape and no one was injured in the blast or fire.  However, property worth lakhs of rupees was reduced to ashes, locals added.

‘Two cowsheds and all belongings of the two families were gutted leaving the two families homeless,” locals said.

Locals started the fire fighting operation but couldn’t save the residential houses.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *