• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Easter attack: Lanka court extends remand of 61 NTJ terrorists till Feb 12

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 31, 2020
in WORLD
A A
0
Easter attack: Lanka court extends remand of 61 NTJ terrorists till Feb 12
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Colombo, Jan 30: The remand of 61 Islamic extremists, arrested in connection with Sri Lanka’s worst attack on Easter Sunday, has been extended till February 12 by a court on Thursday.

Nine suicide bombers on April 21 last year carried out a series of blasts that tore through three churches and as many high-end hotels, killing 258 people, including eight Indians, in Lanka’s deadliest violence since the brutal civil war ended in 2009.

More News

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Load More

The 61 suspects are members of the National Thawheed Jamaath (NTJ), police said.

The Batticaloa High Court extended their remand till February 12, they said.

The Islamic State had claimed the responsibility for the Easter attacks, but the government blamed the NTJ for the bombings.

The Lankan government on April 27 banned the NTJ and designated it as a terrorist organisation.

Nearly 300 suspects have been arrested so far in connection with the bombings.

A state of emergency was clamped in the country for a period of four months from April to August.

Earlier this week, police recorded the statement of former prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe on the terror attack.

The government headed jointly by Wickremesinghe and then president Maithripala Sirisena was blamed for failing to prevent the island’s worst terror attack despite prior intelligence.

The warnings by the Indian intelligence about a possible terror attack in Lanka were said to be ignored by the authorities due to the deep running political tug of war.

After the attacks, Sirisena had said that a friendly neighbour provided additional information but senior officials did not share the intelligence with him. Also, Wickremesinghe said he was not privy to the intelligence reports.

A series of panels were appointed by both factions of the government to probe lapses in ignoring warnings for the attacks, which crippled the country’s tourism industry.

Sirisena’s probe resulted in the unprecedented imprisonment of the then police chief and the top defence ministry administrator, while a parliamentary probe pinned the president’s shortcomings in handling the security apparatus.

Previous Post

India making ‘desperate attempts’ to divert attention from criticism of its policies: Pak

Next Post

China coronavirus death toll rises to 170; confirmed cases soar to 7,711

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Director FES issues advisory on fire prevention
May 5, 2026

Beijing: At least 21 people were killed and 61 others injured in a massive explosion at a fireworks factory in...

Read moreDetails

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

UK review warns against anti-India rhetoric over Kashmir, pro-Khalistan extremism
May 3, 2026

Ottawa: Canada's intelligence agency has declared Khalistani extremists a "national security threat", adding that the group uses institutions to promote...

Read moreDetails

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

April 24, 2026

New Delhi:  The US on Thursday sought to control the damage done by a controversial social media repost by US...

Read moreDetails

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp
April 8, 2026

Tehran: US President Donald Trump pulled back on his threats to launch devastating strikes on Iran late Tuesday, swerving to...

Read moreDetails

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
China coronavirus death toll rises to 170; confirmed cases soar to 7,711

China coronavirus death toll rises to 170; confirmed cases soar to 7,711

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.