Images News Netwok

2 injured while cleaning Hamam pipes of Shopian mosque

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar, Mar 24: Two persons were injured on Sunday after a blast took place inside the Hamam (heating system) of a mosque in Shopian district of south Kashmir.

A police official said the explosion occurred in Chowgam village of the district when it was being cleaned.

“Two people were injured. The blast seems to have been caused due to the malfunctioning of pipes,” a police officer said.

The injured, identified as Muhammad Yousuf Dar and Muhammad Yasin Dar, suffered burn injuries in the incident, said the official, adding they have been shifted to a hospital.

Locals said the mosque was being cleaned when the blast took place in the Hamam.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *