Mir Zeeshan

“We pleaded with him to leave that path, he didn’t listen to”

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Slain militant’s father speaks…

Tral: The father of the slain militant Mudasir today said that the family had pleaded with him to leave the path that he had chosen after he joined JeM, but he didn’t listen to.

“Mudasir was commerce graduate and was working with a tower operator with Vodafone network company at Awantipora area,” said Farooq Ahmad Khan, father of Mudasir, while taking with Kashmir Images at his residence.

“On 14th January, 2018 Mudasir came back from work and went to play cricket with local boys at his native village Midoora but he immediately returned to home and said that he had got a call from his company to reach Barsoo tower site as it was having some technical fault,” said Farooq Khan.

“On the prevailing night JK police raided our house at 10:30 pm and asked about Mudasir but as he was not present, police asked us to send him to police station saying they needed him in some investigation,” said Mudasir’s father.

“We tried his phone but it was off. We tried for at least 3 days to trace him but couldn’t get in touch and in between his photograph posing with arms went viral declaring he has joined JeM group,” Farooq added.

“After almost five months, he once visited home with few of his associates and I pleaded with him to leave this path and come back as he was our only hope of the family. He didn’t agree and left us never to come back,” Farooq said.

Confirming that he collected his son’s mortal remains from police today, Khan said that he was sure that one among the two charred bodies was that of his son because people in Pinglesh village had spotted Mudasir in the area on Sunday before the encounter erupted.

“I picked up a charred body after some signs including few blond hair and age matched with him,” he said.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people on Monday took part in the funeral prayers of the slain militant at his native village where he was later laid to rest.

A complete shutdown was observed in Tral area and internet services were also suspended in the Police district Awantipora.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *