• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, February 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Handwara encounter continues on second day

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
March 3, 2019
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
First encounter of 2019: 3 militants killed in Tral

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, Mar 02: The encounter between the militants and the government forces in Babagund village of Handwara in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district continued on the second consecutive day Saturday.

Two houses, two cowsheds and a tin shed have been razed to the ground by the government forces during the gunfight that broke out around 3 am on Friday.

More News

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

Load More

Four forces’ personnel including two CRPF personnel and two cops of Jammu and Kashmir Police were killed yesterday after a militant presumed to be dead stood up from the debris and fired at the forces’ personnel.

Locals said a huge blast was heard near the gunfight site.

A 22-year-old youth was also killed and five others wounded after government forces fired pellets and bullets during clashes that broke out near the gunfight site yesterday.

Earlier in the day, IGP Kashmir SP Pani said the operation was going on in Babagund and that the details will be shared later.

Meanwhile, a complete shutdown was observed in Handwara town.

Militant killed in Kulgam ‘had plans for Pulwama-like suicide attack’

Srinagar, Mar 02: One of the three militants killed in an encounter in south Kashmir’s Kulgam district last week had plans to carry out an attack similar to the February 14 Pulwama suicide strike, according to a purported video in which he spoke about such a plot.

The three militants killed in the encounter in Turigam area of Kulgam district on February 24 belonged to the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) militant group and were identified as Raqib Ahmad, a resident of Shiganpora, and Waleed and Numan of Pakistan.

A purported video of Ahmad, shot before he was killed, went viral on social media on Saturday. In the clip, he spoke about his plans to carry out a ‘fidayeen’ (suicide) attack on government forces.

“I will be in heaven by the time this video reaches you,” Ahmad said in the over six-minute video in which he glorified suicide attacks.

The video is similar to the one that surfaced immediately after the Pulwama attack in which JeM suicide bomber Adil Ahmad Dar claimed responsibility for the strike.

A police official said they were ascertaining the veracity of the video.

Previous Post

Fresh landslides, snowfall blocks Sgr-Jmu highway; thousands stranded

Next Post

Prez issues order extending quota for EWS in J&K

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday called for transforming the educational campuses to realise the vision of Developed India@2047....

Read moreDetails

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

NC only party taking BJP head on: CM Omar
February 18, 2026

Srinagar, Feb 17: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday alleged that a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament from...

Read moreDetails

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

New Criminal Laws will take effect from July 1: Union Law Minister Meghwal
February 18, 2026

Srinagar:  Union Minister for Law and Justice Arjun Meghwal on Tuesday said statehood to Jammu and Kashmir would be restored...

Read moreDetails

J&K records Rs 24,080.79 cr GST collection in three years, gets Rs 15,795.13 cr IGST share: CM

CM Abdullah introduces Jan Vishwas, anti-discrimination bills in J-K Assembly
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir recorded a steady rise in GST collections, with total revenue amounting to Rs 24,080.79 crore over...

Read moreDetails

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday underscored the vital role of the Tele-law initiative in expanding access to justice and...

Read moreDetails

J&K’s 24 PSUs loss-making, four non-functional: Assembly told

Baba Reshi–Gulmarg Road DPR prepared; govt reiterates commitment to robust road connectivity: Deputy CM
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Out of the 44 public sector undertakings in Jammu and Kashmir, 24 are making losses and four are non-functional,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Prez nod to law to deter fugitive economic offenders from fleeing country

Prez issues order extending quota for EWS in J&K

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.