Pak PM offers to probe if India shares evidence on Pulwama attack
Srinagar: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday assured India of action if New Delhi shared actionable evidence of involvement of his country in last week’s Pulwama attack in which 49 CRPF personnel were killed.
In a video message, the premier said he had wanted to respond to the attack right away because Delhi had accused Pakistan of having a hand in it, "but we had a very important visit from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, we had an investment conference happening that we had been preparing for for a long time," he explained. "Therefore I decided not to respond then, because the attention would have been diverted away from the visit and onto this issue."
"This is why I am responding, now that the crown prince has left. And this is for the Indian government," he said.
"First of all, you accused Pakistan. [There was] no evidence. You never thought, 'What would be in it for Pakistan?'," he said. "Would a fool even do such a thing to sabotage his own conference? And even if he [the crown prince] wasn't visiting, what benefit would Pakistan get from it?"