Pak rejects claims of link to Pulwama attack
Islamabad, Feb 15: In a tit-for-tat move, Pakistan on Friday summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner here and lodged a protest against India’s allegation of its role in the brutal Pulwama terrorist attack.
Pakistan-based group Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Thursday that left 49 CRPF soldiers dead and five critically wounded.
The summoning of the Indian diplomat comes after India earlier in the day summoned Pakistan HC to India Sohail Mahmood and issued a very strong demarche over the killing of the CRPF soldiers.
Though the Foreign Office has not issued any statement, sources said the FO summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner and rejected “baseless allegations made by India” against Pakistan on the Pulwama attack.
A short video clip of the Indian diplomat leaving the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is also circulating in the social media.
Meanwhile, in a tweet, FO spokesperson Mohammad Faisal said Pakistan Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua today briefed ambassadors of the United States, Russia, France, the United Kingdom and China on the Pulwama attack and rejected India’s allegations.
“FS today briefed P5 Ambassadors at MoFA. Rejected Indian allegations on Pulwama attack,” he tweeted.
“FS said Pakistan has pursued a constructive approach towards India. Pakistan’s offer of dialogue and the #Kartarpur initiative are a clear evidence of this. Ratcheting up tensions in the region will be counterproductive,” Faisal added.
According to sources, Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan Ajay Bisaria has also been called to Delhi for consultations in the wake of the horrific attack.
Meanwhile, Pakistan’s information minister Fawad Chaudhry said in an interview that Pakistan would take action against anyone if India share evidence.