• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Online system has ensured Haj remained inexpensive: Naqvi

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 10, 2019
in NATION
A A
0
Imran should worry about his people, everybody secure in our country: Naqvi
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Mumbai, Feb 9:  Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Saturday claimed that digitising Haj-related processes has ensured that the annual pilgrimage remained inexpensive despite the absence of subsidy and made the system “pro-pilgrim”.

The Haj subsidy provided by the government was removed last year in the light of a Supreme Court order of 2012.

More News

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

Load More

“Making the entire Haj process completely online/digital has not only ensured that the pilgrimage has become inexpensive even after removal of Haj subsidy, but also made the process absolutely pro-pilgrim,” a statement quoted the Minority Affairs Minister as saying.

He made the remarks while inaugurating a two-day training camp of ‘Khadim-Ul-Hujjaj’ (those who assist the pilgrims during the Haj) here.

In 2018, even after removal of the subsidy, pilgrims saved about Rs 57 crore in airfares, he said.

“GST on Haj pilgrimage has been reduced from 18 per cent to 5 per cent this year, which will ensure that about Rs 113 crore will be saved by Haj pilgrims during the 2019 Haj.  Reduction in GST on Haj pilgrimage will ensure significant decrease in airfare from various embarkation points,” he added.

Airfare from Srinagar will be reduced by Rs 11,377, while from Ahmedabad Rs 7,305 will be saved.

Naqvi added from Aurangabad, fares will be reduced by Rs 9,373, from Delhi by Rs 7,967, from Gaya by Rs 11,027, from Guwahati by Rs 13,049, from Ranchi by Rs 11,946, from Kolkata by Rs 9,787 and from Hyderabad by Rs 7,204 this year.

He said for the first time in post-Independence era, a record number of 1,75,025 Indian Muslims perform the Haj last year and that too without any subsidy.

Of these, 48 per cent were women, he said, adding that this year too, equal number of Indian Muslims are likely to perform the Haj, he said.

The Modi government had last year lifted the ban onwomen going to Haj without Mehram (male companions), leading to around 1,300 Muslim women going for Haj without any male companion.

Naqvi added that 2,340 Muslim women will go for Haj this year without Mehram.

“This year, too, on the directions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji, the minority affairs ministry has made arrangement to send these women on Haj without lottery system,” he said.

A total of 538 ‘Khadim-ul-Hujjaj’, including 13 women, participated in the training programme.

Previous Post

Once the ‘lid effect’ is gone…

Next Post

Guru’s sacrifice is a permanent chapter of our resistance history: Malik

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails

India’s aspirations ‘no longer limited to its borders’: Modi to diaspora in Netherlands

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 17, 2026

The Hague:  Terming India a "land of opportunities", Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday that the country is undergoing...

Read moreDetails

CPI(M) decries verdict in Bhojshala-Kamal Maula Mosque case, terms it matter of ‘grave’ concern

Poll result setback for BJP, INDIA bloc needs to be wary of Hindutva authoritarianism: CPI(M)
May 17, 2026

New Delhi: The Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Saturday termed the recent Madhya Pradesh High Court judgment in the...

Read moreDetails

NEET paper leak: Delhi court sends kingpin Kulkarni, accused Waghmare to 10-day CBI custody

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
May 17, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Saturday sent the alleged kingpin in the NEET paper leak case, P V Kulkarni,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Malik’s remand extended till 13 July

Guru’s sacrifice is a permanent chapter of our resistance history: Malik

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.