Pak provincial govt to turn Hari Singh Nalwa fort into museum
Peshawar, Jan 25 : The government in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province has decided to convert a historic fort built by a Sikh commander into a museum.
The fort in Haripur district was named after Hari Singh Nalwa, the commander-in-chief of the Sikh Khalsa Army, the army of the Sikh Empire.
The fort was built by Nalwa in 1822 over an area of 35,420 square feet.
Nalwa was Commander-in-Chief of the Sikh Khalsa Army, the army of the Sikh Empire.
The archaeology department of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa sent a note to Chief Minister Mehmood Khan for taking control of the fort and its opening for the tourists.
The district administration Haripur has expressed readiness to handover the fort to the archaeology department.
The Britishers also carried out some construction work in the fort.