PDD inspector electrocuted to death inside grid station Sheeri
Locals allege negligence of PDD
Baramulla: An inspector of Power Development Department (PDD) was electrocuted to death while charging an HT line in Sheeri village of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
Locals allege that the cause of the death of the inspector was due to the negligence of the PDD department for electric system in the area is in shambles.
Witness said that Mohmmad Sultan Bhat son of Ghulam Nabi Bhat of Sheeri Mirher a PDD inspector received electric shock while charging an HT line panel inside Sheeri grid station near police training centre. He was shifted to Sheeri hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
The body of deceased was handed over to his next of kins for last rites. Police has registered a case in this regard.
Locals alleged that the victim Bhat got a strong electric shock resulting into his on the spot death.
“It is negligence of PDD department,’ allege a local Ishfaq Ahmed.
Medical report also suggests the victim has died due to electrocution.