• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Consular access granted to Christian Michel: MEA

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 12, 2019
in NATION
A A
0
Consular access granted to Christian Michel: MEA
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Jan 11: India has granted consular access to Christian Michel, a British national who was brought here from the UAE last month in connection with the Rs 3,600-crore AgustaWestland chopper deal.

The British High Commission had sought consular access to Michel after he was arrested in the first week of December.

More News

BJP leaders file police complaint against Rahul, Pappu Yadav over skit; FIR in Varanasi

Amit Shah presents Lokmanya Tilak National Award to NSA Ajit Doval

PM playing victim card instead of apologising for brutality on protesting students: Congress

Load More

“He has been granted consular access. A second secretary-level officer from the British High Commission has met Christian Michel based on the request we received last month,” External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said at a media briefing.

The consular access to Michel was given on Thursday, he said.

Asked about Michel’s plea in the Delhi court Thursday seeking permission to make calls to his family members and his lawyers abroad, Kumar said, “We have shared in the past that he has been allowed to communicate with his family members. I have not seen the plea which he has entered on this matter (now).”

Sources, however, said that if the British High Commission requests that he be allowed more communication, it may be considered.

Michel, 57, was brought to India following his extradition by the United Arab Emirates in connection with the chopper deal case. At present, he is lodged in the Tihar jail here.

Michel is one of the three middlemen — the two others Guido Haschke and Carlo Gerosa — being probed by the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate in the case.

Michel has denied the charges.

The ED, in its charge sheet filed against Michel in June 2016, had alleged that he had received 30 million euros (about Rs 225 crore) from AgustaWestland.

The CBI, in its charge sheet, has alleged an estimated loss of 398.21 million euros (about Rs 2,666 crore) to the exchequer in the deal that was signed on February 8, 2010 for the supply of VVIP choppers worth 556.262 million euros.

Previous Post

Justice Hanjura meets Governor

Next Post

DC inspects developmental scenario during extensive tour of Downtown

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

BJP leaders file police complaint against Rahul, Pappu Yadav over skit; FIR in Varanasi

Transport facilities arranged to ensure seamless participation in PM’s rally: BJP
August 2, 2026

New Delhi/Varanasi, Aug 1 (PTI) BJP leaders, including MP Bansuri Swaraj, filed a police complaint in Delhi on Saturday, demanding...

Read moreDetails

Amit Shah presents Lokmanya Tilak National Award to NSA Ajit Doval

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
August 1, 2026

Pune: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday presented the Lokmanya Tilak National Award to National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit...

Read moreDetails

PM playing victim card instead of apologising for brutality on protesting students: Congress

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Saturday said that Narendra Modi is playing the victim card by saying he has forgiven...

Read moreDetails

Births and Deaths (Amendment) Bill, 2026, passed in LS amid protests over police crackdown

Naga talks followed up with utmost sincerity: Rijiju
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Friday passed the Registration of Births and Deaths (Amendment) Bill, 2026, amid Opposition protests...

Read moreDetails

Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day amid Opposition protests

Rajya Sabha chairman prods members in call for discussion on student suicides
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday, shortly after meeting at 11 am, amid sloganeering...

Read moreDetails

IB officer murder case: Life imprisonment for ex-AAP councillor Tahir Hussain, 4 others

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday sentenced former AAP councillor Tahir Hussain and four others to life imprisonment for...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
DC inspects developmental scenario during extensive tour of Downtown

DC inspects developmental scenario during extensive tour of Downtown

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.